Tool e driver aggiornati per schede video
Disponibili nuovi driver e set di utility specifici per le schede video, tutti scaricabili in locale dalla sezione software di Hardware Upgrade:
Driver Omega per schede ATI Radeon; basati sui driver Catalyst 4.12 ufficiali. Per sistemi operativi Windows 2000 e Windows XP. Di seguito le note fornite a corredo:
- Fixed the version typo from previous release.
- Forced some wide screen resolutions that didn't worked on previous set.
- Could have fixed the FireGL OGL problems, need to test it thou.
- Changed readme to html style instead of text.
- Added a new section to readme to include RadLinker specific changes and fixes
Set di driver custom basati sulla revision 4.12 beta dei driver utfficiali ATI Catalyst. Questi driver sono stati ottimizzati per cercare di ottenere migliore qualità d'immagine e frames al secondo più stabili nei giochi, quando confrontati ai driver Catalyst ufficiali di ATI.
Driver Forceware 71.22, versione beta. Per sistemi operativi Windows 2000 e Windows XP, da utilizzare con tutte le schede video nVidia della famiglia GeForce, in particolare con i modelli GeForce 6x00.
Nero DVD Speed è un benchmark che permette di testare le principali caratteristiche di un lettore DVD. Di seguito le note fornite a corredo:
- Create Data Disc: added option to burn Nero image files instead of predefined data
- Added color selection/themes
- Disc Quality test
- added QuickScan function
- improved support for Asus DVD burners
- improved support for AOpen DUW1608/ARR
- improved support for AOpen DVD1648/AAP
- added 12x and 16x speed settings for BenQ DW1620
- added elapsed time in summary screen
- Bitsetting: added DVD+R DL bitsetting for QSI drives
- Small improvements and bug fixes
Utility per l'ottimizzazione delle schede video basate su chipset nvidia, dotato di supporto anche alle schede video ATI della famiglia Radeon.. Di seguito le note fornite a corredo con quest'ultima revision:
- Fixed performance table entry size calculation for BIT-based NVIDIA VGA BIOS images. Now the second performance level's parameters are no longer displayed incorrectly on some GeForce 6800 boards having more than 1 performance level in VGA BIOS (e.g. Gainward 6800GT).
- Fixed title detection for ATI ATOM VGA BIOS images.
- NVStrap driver's "Graphics processor identification" / "Quadro" mode and "Allow enabling hardware masked units" option no longer conflict when they are activated simultaneously.
- "Cannot reset R/O attribute of destination file" message is no longer displayed when patch script engine creates new destination file instead of overwriting source file.
- Added ForceWare 67.xx - 7x.xx driver families support.
- Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare driver families. Added databases for ForceWare 66.93, 67.02, 67.03, 70.41, 70.90 and 71.20 drivers.
- Updated NVStrapAntiprotection and ForceWareAntiprotection patch scripts for ForceWare 66.93, 67.02, 70.41, 70.90 and 71.20 drivers. Take a note that these scripts are fully replaced with NVStrap 1.7 functionality on GeForceFX and newer graphics processors. The scripts are required for GeForce 4 and older display adapters only and subject to be discontinued in the next version.
- To avoid confusing beginners, which often tend to ignore built-in context help, low-level overclocking tab is now hidden on GeForce FX and newer display adapters.
- Removed obsolete "Depth buffering" tab in Direct3D tweaks dialog for the ForceWare 65.xx and newer drivers.
- DirectX7/DirectX8 texture formats options in "Textures" tab / Direct3D tweaks dialog are renamed to DirectX7 and DirectX8+ surface formats.
- Revised list of available surface formats for new drivers in "Textures" tab / Direct3D tweaks dialog. Added options for controlling new surface formats (e.g. FOURCC ATI2 (3Dc)), removed some obsolete texture formats (e.g. FOURCC NVT0...NVT5).
- Added full NVIDIA NV41 and NV44 graphics processors support. Now all RivaTuner's features including full low-level diagnostic and low-level pipeline configuration override via the NVStrap driver are available on these graphics processors. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew for testing RivaTuner with GeForce 6200 with TurboCache 16M/32M.
- Added new PCI-E NV4x PCI DeviceIDs to the database of supported NVIDIA GPUs.
- Added experimental NV46 and NV47 graphics processors support.
- Updated NVStrap driver v1.7 gives you more new exclusive features:
- New pixel / vertex units masking technique support. Now the driver is able to enable hardware masked pixel / vertex units on new generation GeForce 6800 (LE) boards (e.g. new Dell 6800 GTO), which use redesigned hardware units masking technique aimed to block softmodding ability of the previous NVStrap version.
- Full NV44 support. Now all the features of the NVStrap driver including pixel / vertex units control are available on GeForce 6200 with TurboCache. Take a note that unlike the rest NV4x graphics processors using quad-based pipeline masking approach, NV44 use dyad-based masking, so the driver allows you to alter active pixel pipelines number with 2-pipeline granularity.
- Added "Use ROM straps for PCI DeviceID programming option" for GeForce FX and newer display adapters. This option enables alternate PCI DeviceID programming technique for new graphics processors and fully eliminates the need of installing NVStrapAntiprotection patch script. It is strongly recommended to use this option when selecting non-default graphics adapter identification mode in the driver's properties.
- Added "Unlock professional capabilities" option for GeForce 6x00 display adapters. You may use this option in conjunction with Quadro PCI DeviceID forced via "Graphics adapter identification" option to turn any GeForce 6x00 into its full professional analogue. Thanks to NVIDIA for making old mistake again and using clone GPUs on both gaming and professional display adapters.
- Extended GeForce to Quadro PCI DeviceID mapping lookup table for NV40 and NV43 graphics processors (for AGP models only). Now all NV40 / NV43 based display adapters are converted to Quadro FX 4000 / Quadro FX 540 when automatic Quadro PCI DeviceID programming mode is used.
- Improved graphics subsystem diagnostic report module:
- Added Overdrive levels decoding to "ATI VGA BIOS information" diagnostic report category for ATI ATOM BIOS images. Now RivaTuner may display amount of Overdrive levels stored in VGA BIOS, core / memory clocks and temperature ranges for each Overdrive level.
- Changed memory bus type detection ideology for some NVIDIA GPU families. RivaTuner no longer detects memory bus type only for GPU families, having display adapter models with different memory bus type in sale (i.e. NV5, NV1x, NV31, NV34 and NV36). Now memory controller configuration based bus type detection is performed for all GPU families to allow detecting underground assembled display adapters with out-of-specs memory bus type.
- Added detection of BIOS default clocks set via INIT_IO_RESTRICT_PLL BIP token for NV4x graphics processors.
- Added "IDirect3D8 HAL adapter formats" and "IDirect3D9 HAL adapter formats" diagnostic report categories, allowing dumping the list of D3DFMT_... surface formats, supported by Direct3D8 / Direct3D9 drivers and allowed usages for each supported format. The list of probed formats is user extendable and can be easily extended by end user via editing RivaTuner.cfg file. By default the list includes general D3DFMT_... texture and depth buffer formats and NVIDIA specific FOURCC formats.
- Improved low-level hardware monitoring module:
- Added nonstandard "1.1V + 0.2V / 0.3V loop" VID interpretator for ASUS V9999GT display adapters. Take a note that this interpretator cannot be selected automatically due to bug in ASUS V9999GT VGA BIOS, so "Core VID" hardware monitoring data source must be set up manually in order to get correct VID to voltage mapping. Please refer to FAQ for details.
- " Autoselect" button in VID interpretation setup dialog is now grayed when RivaTuner detects VGA BIOS with corrupted voltage table. Voltage table is treated as corrupted as soon as duplicating target voltage tags or duplicating VIDs are detected in its' entries.
- Improved patch script engine:
- Added patch script variables and patch script preprocessing plugins support. This allows patch script developers to create external plugin modules, which can change contents of patch script source and destination chains. Due to these changes, plugin description format has been slightly changed, and the scripts created for the previous version are not compatible with new version.
- Added an ability of automatic patch script execution via the command line (/a or /auto command line switch). In automatic execution mode patch script is installed silently and no messages are displayed in case of successful installation. This feature is very handy for automatic installation of runtime patch scripts (e.g. ATIOverclockingAntiprotectionRuntime) at Windows startup.
- Added NV40BIOSHwUnitsMaskEliminator patch script, allowing you to remove hardware units mask initialization code from VGA BIOS initialization script. You may use this patch script to finalize pipeline configuration set by the NVStrap driver. The script uses preprocessing plugin feature, introduced in this version, which allows the script to eliminate masking either for all pixel / vertex units or only for units, enabled via the NVStrap driver. Please refer to FAQ for details.
- Added filename resolving for RivaTuner's files launched via the command line. Now relative file paths (e.g. ".PatchScriptsATIATIOverclockingAntiprotectionRuntimeATIOverclockingAntiprotectionRuntime w2k.rts") can be specified in the command line when launching the file.
- Added ATI Catalyst driver version detection. Now RivaTuner displays driver family name, the list of installed driver files, file descriptions and versions in the main tab on supported ATI display adapters (for Windows 2000 / XP only).
- Database of supported ATI / NVIDIA drivers is now user extendable and stored in [DriverFamily_...] and [DriverFiles_...] sections of RivaTuner.cfg file.
- Added X800SE support. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew for testing RivaTuner with X800SE.
- Added ATI R430 and R480 graphics processors support. Now all RivaTuner's low-level features including overclocking, thermal monitoring and fan control are available on display adapters based upon these graphics processors. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew for testing RivaTuner with R430 and R480 based display adapters.
- Updated Catalyst 4.11, 4.12 beta and 4.12 certified SoftR9x00, ATIOverclockingAntiprotection and ATIOverclockingAntiprotectionRuntime patch scripts.
- New NSIS 2.02 based installer. Distributive size is decreased due to better compression ratio of new installation engine.
- Easter eggs updates:
- Added New Year present for ATI users, willing to convert RADEON X800 series display adapters to FireGL X3.
- Added hidden NVIDIA VGA BIOS initialization scripts decompiler. This feature was used by us for a long time for adding a lot of NVIDIA VGA BIOS dependent things to RivaTuner. Now this handy thing is integrated directly in RivaTuner and can be used by power users to dump initialization scripts' pseudocode, script macroses table, script conditions table etc.
- Added RV350 I2C support to hidden I2C scanner. Thanks to Peter Yeung @ HIS for providing HIS RADEON 9550 sample.
- Added about 10 new overclocking, hardware monitoring and softmodding questions to FAQ.
- Minor UI changes and improvements.