DDR2 anche per TwinMOS
La prossima disponibilità di piattaforme per processori Intel Pentium 4 basate su chipset Alderwood e Grantsdale, darà inizio alla diffusione sul mercato dei moduli memoria DDR2.
Il produttore taiwanese TwinMOS ha ufficialmente presentato 3 nuovi moduli memoria DDR2, dotati di certificazione ufficiale dei laboratori Intel di Taiwan.
TwinMOS launches new DDR2 (240-pin) memory modules - The first one passed Intel Taiwan Lab. testing
March 26, 2004, Taipei - TwinMOS, a leading memory module maker, now announced the release of DDR2 memory modules for desktop PCs and servers to offer users a brand-new experience for next-generation computer platforms.
TwinMOS, in close cooperation with JEDEC (the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) as well as a number of DRAM and motherboard manufacturers, is the first company in Taiwan to be passed by Intel Taiwan Lab. for its DDR2 modules -- an honor that demonstrates the company’s continued effort in promoting mainstream memory standards. The products are released amid surging demand for DDR2, the next generation of memory modules developed by Intel and several DRAM foundries. DDR2, made with advanced manufacturing and chip packaging technologies, boasts high performance and low power consumption. It has given rise to a new wave of motherboards and memory modules.
TwinMOS’ DDR2 modules are made with the newest 0.1-micron manufacturing process in Fine-Pitch Ball Grid Array (FBGA) chip packages technique, which provides the following features:
- Faster data transmission : DDR2 transmits twice as much data as DDR at 533Mbps to 667Mbps to meet the demand of high data bandwidths enthusiasts.
- Lower power consumption : DDR2 runs at supply voltage of 1.8v -- lower than DDR SDRAM’s 2.5v -- to enable less power consumption and more effective heat dissipation.
- Higher capacity : with higher data density in FBGA chip packages the module has only half the size of chips made in TSOP package, and thus allows more DDR2 chips to be mounted on PCB to increase capacity.
The three kinds DDR2 modules released now are:
- DDR2 533MHz 240-pin CL4 Unbuffered DIMM for desktop PCs
- DDR2 667MHz 240-pin CL4 Unbuffered DIMM for over clocking
- DDR2 400MHz 240-pin CL3 Registered DIMM with ECC for servers
In close relationship with upstream DRAM chip foundries and downstream M/B manufacturers to form a seamless supply chain, TwinMOS also insists on its DDR2 to be passed by Intel Taiwan Lab first before releasing the products for its honest commitment. Hence that’s why TwinMOS’ s goal -- “Value Builds on Professionalism” is built for providing high quality and value-added products to its customers.