Torna indietro   Hardware Upgrade Forum > Componenti Hardware > Schede Video > Tweaking/Modding/Overclocking

Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ritorna a essere un 'padellone'
Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ritorna a essere un 'padellone'
Zenfone 11 Ultra ha tantissime qualità interessanti, fra cui potenza da vendere, un display di primissimo livello, un comparto audio potente e prestazioni di connettività fra le migliori della categoria. Manca però dell'esclusività del predecessore, che in un settore composto da "padelloni" si distingueva per le sue dimensioni compatte. Abbiamo provato il nuovo flagship ASUS, e in questa recensione vi raccontiamo com'è andata.
Appian: non solo low code. La missione è l’ottimizzazione dei processi con l'IA
Appian: non solo low code. La missione è l’ottimizzazione dei processi con l'IA
Abbiamo partecipato ad Appian World 2024, evento dedicato a partner e clienti che si è svolto recentemente nei pressi di Washington DC, vicino alla sede storica dell’azienda. Nel festeggiare il 25mo anniversario, Appian ha annunciato diverse novità in ambito intelligenza artificiale
Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza occhialini
Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza occhialini
Primo contatto con il monitor Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27 che grazie a particolari accorgimenti tecnici riesce a ricreare l'illusione della spazialità tridimensionale senza che sia necessario utilizzare occhialini
Tutti gli articoli Tutte le news

Vai al Forum
Rispondi

Strumenti
Old 02-03-2006, 13:04   #1
Eduardo Vicente

L'Avatar di Eduardo Vicente

Iscritto dal: Feb 2006
Città: Curitiba - PR - Brasil
Guide to mod your 6800GS AGP to an Ultra Extreme. Learn how to make a cooler mod too!

Guide to mod your 6800GS AGP to an Ultra Extreme!
--------------------------------------------------------

Finally! A complete guide about how to mod your 6800GS AGP to a legitimate 6800 Ultra Extreme! Remember that this tutorial is only valid to AGP versions of GS because PCI-E versions uses a diferent core, that don't even have the extras pipes. Well, it's impossible to enable what you don't have...

!! THIS TUTORIAL HAVE EXPERIMENTAL AND EDUCATIVE CHARACTER. MAKE BY YOUR OWN RISKS ONLY !!

Enought bullshits, let's go to business, =D. I've use an eVGA 6800GS AGP with Part Number: 256-A8-N387-TX. First, download and install the last version of RivaTuner, actual is v2.0 RC 15.8. DOWNLOAD RIVATUNER. Open the software and follow up:

- 6800GS AGP originally "castrated" with 12/5 pipes. Note driver version: 83.60 BETA

- Select CUSTOM, enable "Allow enabling hardware masked units" and click on CUSTOMIZE.

- On "HW masked" it shows the two bastards bits that are masked. Enable it by simply clicking under arrow shows

After enable the two bastards bits, click OK and you'll be asked to restart the system. Do it. Open RivaTuner again and verify if the extras pipes are enabled.If yes, still isn't time to open the champagne! I believe that you have some "hard" game installed on your machine, right? (if you don't, what the hell are u doing with a 6800?). Run the hard game and play for at least 30 minutes. Gives preference to run with the most quality you can. So, you'll be pushing your card to uses all the potential.

You can scan for artifacts using the ATi Tool version 0.24 Beta 13, that are compatible with GeForces.

If you don't detect any visual artifact, bug or something of type.....prepare the sallon because the party will start!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU JUST ACQUIRED A 6800GT!!!

-> If you detect some artifact, bug or something, backup the process!!! Sit down and cry because your card have damaged pipes by factory. BUT...still have hope for you, my unlucky friend. Try to enable only PIXEL PIPE and unable the VERTEX PIPE or "vice versa". Who knows if just one of the pipes are damaged and you still can uses one of then...it really happen with some brands/models

But the tutorial wasn't to mod to an Ultra Extreme you moron? Wait my child...this was only the beginning, relax because now it goes burn!!!

To mod to an Ultra or Ultra Extreme will be necessary mod and update the bios of the card (wich now is a legity GT, remember?). You'll need two softwares: NiBiTor v2.7 to mod your bios and nvFlash v5.25 to update the new modded bios.

Everything right under here? So let's go to next steps. Open up NiBiTor 2.7 and:

Making this, the bios that are running right now on your card will be loaded to NiBiTor, so far, posible to mod the options. Before starting modding anything, made a backup copy of the bios that was loaded: File -> Save BIOS!!! Recommend that you create an east name like: biosback.rom, biosorig.rom, biosold.rom, etc...you really can need him...Modify the options in agreement as your necessities and own will. Another time I warn that I won't be responsable for some ######## that you can do!! Make by your own business and risks, ok!?

I've just modified the Core and Memory clocks to 450/1100 MHz (without enable "Change amount of active performance levels"), on Temperatures I've configured the Fanspeed 3D to 100% and on Boot Settings I've modified the text that is showed when you turn the system on (under Adv. Signon). If you want, you can enable the option that shows the amount of memory size, change the resolution, color of the text and boot during time. Are only visual "cosmetics"...

After finish changing options, go to File -> Save BIOS and save with the name and where your want to. If you use Windows XP, make and boot disk by going under My Computer -> clicking with right button on Disk 3 1/2" -> Format -> MAKE A MS-DOS INITIALIZATION DISK. After create disk, extract, on same disk, the files cwsdpmi.exe, nvFlash.exe (inside nvFlash.zip that you downloaded), "biosback.rom" (original bios that you MADE backup), "biosmod.rom" ("La transformación" bios!). Copy the original bios and the modded bios by NiBiTor (called biosmod.rom) to the same disk!!! Restart system and run boot under (of course, lol).

Run command: "nvflash -4 -5 -6 biosmod.rom" (without quotations marks my child). It will ask if you want to update bios, you anwser no...SELECT YES BROW!!! :S. Update will longer a few seconds and will get you back to A:\> (or the letter of your disk unit). Restart your system, see the new boot screen if you've modified it, open RivaTuner and verify if the clocks are sucessful changed: Go to overclock session and unable "Enable driver-level hardware overclock".. Click OK, close RivaTuner, open it again and enable "Enable driver-...", select Detect Now and see wich are the clocks that Riva detected. If shows the clocks that you've configured, test again with some hard game or/and ATi Tool v0.24 Beta 13. If don't detect artifacts...

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE JUST ACQUIRED A 6800 ULTRA EXTREME!!!

How much did you pay for it??? Hum..., nice, nice!

Verify idle° and full° temperatures. I think that some guys will need cooler mod. Me too...here it is 56°C idle and 65-69ºC full...tense...cooler mod going run here!

EDIT: Make backup of the original bios under NiBiTor BEFORE starting moding and saving after.
eVGA GF 6800GS@Ultra Extreme + Coolermod @16/6 @450/1100 MHz
TT Volcano 12+ & PurePower 480W
Seagate 120GB SATA

Ultima modifica di Eduardo Vicente : 02-03-2006 alle 13:37. Motivo: BAD ENGLISH, lol
Eduardo Vicente è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 02-03-2006, 13:46   #2
Eduardo Vicente

If you want to enable the 16/6 pipes under bios and complete abandon softmod (in case, RivaTuner), here it goes the steps:

Open the file "NV40BIOSHwUnitsMaskEliminator.rts" in folder C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.0 RC 15.8\PatchScripts\NVIDIA\NV40BIOSHwUnitsMaskElimintor. Select Continue -> find the "biosmod.rom" that you mod on NiBiTor v2.7 -> YES. You'll see this screen:

The "biosmod.rom" file was updated. Now, you need to re-write at the same disk that you used before. Update the file in disk, restart machine, boot up under the disk and repeat the last steps:

Command: "nvflash -4 -5 -6 biosmod.rom" (without quonation marks).

Restart again and...my god!!! Now you have a 6800 ULTRA EXTREME forever!!! How much did you pay for it??? IAhiuHuahIUa. GOOD!!!

Thats all folks, any doubt, comment, sugetions, good or bad critical arguments, we are here. Have fun with you brand new toy that has, now, 16 pixel pipes, 6 vertex pipes, 450 e 1100 MHz natives!!!
Seagate 120GB SATA

Ultima modifica di Eduardo Vicente : 02-03-2006 alle 13:52.
Old 02-03-2006, 14:00   #3
Eduardo Vicente

I didn't resisted...was too excited with this excelent card and I've adapted an Athlon XP fan on my pet!!! Now it is really "FULL MODDED" version. Check the pics:

- Original card without the protector plastic. Note the excelent copper base.

- Cutting down the protector plastic to adapt the new fan

- Plastic after cut and all the material that I haven't used to mod: iron ruler, stiletto (thats broken up a little), Cooler Master fan and your copper dissipator base (that I don't have used)

- Card with the protector plastic cut

- The new pet!!!
Seagate 120GB SATA

Ultima modifica di Eduardo Vicente : 02-03-2006 alle 14:09.
Old 07-03-2006, 19:57   #4
Eduardo Vicente

Nobody liked my tutorial?

UP guys...
Seagate 120GB SATA
Old 08-03-2006, 01:02   #5
gio.res

L'Avatar di gio.res

Iscritto dal: Mar 2000
Città: MB
Hi, welcome to the forum
I'v read out your post....great job. Unfortunatly i got an XFX 6800XT PCI-E.....no way mod
I hope you still post here, great member with great technical skills. Thank you
gio.res è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 08-03-2006, 08:51   #6
adario73

Iscritto dal: Apr 2003
Città: Catania
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da gio.res
Hi, welcome to the forum
I'v read out your post....great job. Unfortunatly i got an XFX 6800XT PCI-E.....no way mod
I hope you still post here, great member with great technical skills. Thank you
the pci-express version is alrealdy a bomb in overclocking, if it had also 16 pipes ... mmmmmmmmmm..........
3800X2 LDBFE0614WPMW@2700@1.35, 2600@1.275 Vcore, Freezer pro, Asus A8N Premium, 2 *512 twinmos 3200 2-3-2-6@2.6V, raptor 36 10k + 2*samsung 160 JJ RAID 0 + maxtor 160, DVD nec 2510 8x,gigabyte 6800GS PCI-EX@530/1300 nvsilencer 5 rev3, Acer AL1916W As, LC Power 560W Titan SLi/crossfire silent 14cm
adario73 è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10   #7
Cocco83

Iscritto dal: Dec 2005
Hi, I've just read this modify on other web page; I've done it two months ago; but two weeks ago I've reinstalled all the operating system and I've installed the forceware 84.12...... now I can't having 16-6; I do the sequence of step but when I restart the pc I've always a 12-5 agp video card.... I can't find a reason why it don't accept the modify again..... are the forceware 84.12?
Cocco83 è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 08-03-2006, 12:16   #8
red_lol

Hi! I have an Asus n6800xt (agp)..is the mod possible? Thank you!
red_lol è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
 Rispondi

Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ritorna a essere un 'padellone' Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ri...
Appian: non solo low code. La missione è l’ottimizzazione dei processi con l'IA Appian: non solo low code. La missione è ...
Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza occhialini Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza o...
La Formula E può correre su un tracciato vero? Reportage da Misano con Jaguar TCS Racing La Formula E può correre su un tracciato ...
Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stessa anima gaming Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stess...
Si è svolta la prima gara a guida autono...
OpenAI si accorda con il Financial Times...
Prezzo bomba: Jumper PC EZbook X7 con Co...
Nuovi driver e BIOS, le prestazioni dell...
Finalmente la GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER va ...
I vantaggi del Public Cloud di OVHcloud:...
ECOVACS Goat G1 taglia il prato al posto...
Vi serve tanta potenza ma non volete spe...
Questo portatile ASUS TUF ha una configu...
Amazon Gaming Week, buoni sconti per due...
Crollano i prezzi di Google Pixel 8 e 8 ...
Prezzi pazzi Apple su Amazon! Watch a pa...
iOS 18: le app Note, Mail, Fitness e Fot...
Una wallbox completa e versatile ad un p...
Computer quantistici e raggi cosmici, sc...
Chromium
GPU-Z
OCCT
LibreOffice Portable
Opera One Portable
Opera One 106
CCleaner Portable
CCleaner Standard
Cpu-Z
Driver NVIDIA GeForce 546.65 WHQL
SmartFTP
Trillian