Driver AMD Catalyst 11.4 in download
AMD ha reso disponibile i driver AMD Catalyst release 11.4, compatibili con le schede video dalla serie Radeon HD 2000 in poi. In questa release AMD ha implementato nuove migliorie al tool AMD VISION Engine Control Center, oltre che all'AMD Catalyst Control Center. Non mancano novità dal versante OpenCL e incrementi prestazionali di varia portata con le schede Radeon HD 6900 e Radeon HD 600 con alcuni titoli 3D, sia a singola scheda come in CrossFire.
Il download delle versioni per sistemi operativi Windows, a 32bit come a 64bit, è accessibile a questo indirizzo. A questa pagina, invece, è possibile scaricare la versione aggiornata CAP1 del Catalyst Application Profile Update compatibile con i driver Catalyst 11.4, contenente le ultime ottimizzazioni per le configurazioni multi GPU basate su tecnologia Catalyst.
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo:
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.4 Windows release include:
Enhancements to the AMD VISION Engine Control Center / AMD Catalyst Control Center
- New task based Display Management controls
- Simplifies the configuration of displays and display settings ·
- New Eyefinity setup group
- Setting up an Eyefinity group has never been easier
- AMD Catalyst update notification (found within the Information Center)
- This feature notifies users that new AMD Catalyst software packages are available
GPU Compute enhancements:
The OpenCL runtime (included in AMD Catalyst 11.4) includes performance enhancements supporting zero-copy on APUs and increased performance for PCIe transfers between a CPU and discrete GPU.
The AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series of products will see the following performance gains:
- Call of Duty Black Ops – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
- Battleforge – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Batman Arkham Asylum – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Aliens vs. Predator – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Civilization 5 – gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Far Cry 2 – gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Just Cause 2 – gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Lost Planet 2 – gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations
Resolved issue highlights
- The GPU no longer shows high GPU usage after when running Firefox 4 with hardware acceleration enabled.
Bioshock no longer displays random tearing and screen corruption with Vsync and MLAA enabled.
- Water textures no longer flicker in Two Worlds II in Crossfire mode.
- Bulletstorm lightshafts no longer appear broken when running on a HD 6970 series product.
- Bulletstorm no longer displays random texture corruption when running in Crossfire mode.
- FI 2010 no longer slows down intermittently when in Crossfire mode.
- PowerDVD no longer crashes if Crossfire is enabled / disabled during playback of a BD title.
- Running the Heaven benchmark no longer displays graphics corruption during DirectX 11 tests.
Highlights of the Linux AMD Catalyst™ 11.4 release include:
This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems
Ubuntu 11.04 support (early look) SLED/SLES 10 SP4 support (early look) RHEL 5.6 support (production)