View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 21:11   #335
ThePonz

L'Avatar di ThePonz

Iscritto dal: Oct 2008
Città: Mercallo (VA)
WWAUT - Happy New Years - A New Year, Updated Plans

A Happy New Years to all our KF 2 friends and fans new and old!

We have big plans this year to bring you a bigger, better Killing Floor 2, based in no small part to your requests as fans. For those who may have missed or forgotten here is a quick recap of things coming (with a few new additions!):
  • 3 New Weapons,
    • An increase by 50% over the last weapon update!
    • Including the first community voted weapon, the Mac 10 SMG
  • 2 New Maps (1 Community made)
  • Endless Mode
  • And a few other surprises....

And did we mention that is all scheduled for our first major update of the year? Oh and one of those surprises, the return of an old favorite character... no not that one... or that one... the other one.

We have also been working on several major technical issues between all platforms. For our PC fans, we have made some improvements to how memory is loaded on first launch which should see a faster loading speed across a variety of hardware.

We have also come to understand our build process wasn’t ideal for how patches are submitted and deployed for consoles. Due to that very patching process we will not be able to address several major issues our console fans are currently impacted by (including rewards not always properly granting on both consoles as well a visual dosh vault amount bug and crash on Xbox when playing the map Nightmare) until the next major update. As such, we are making some major changes to how we go about our build and submission process, and this will also cause some changes for PC players.

The public facing side of this is that heading into this next update, we will have two phases of opt-in betas available on Steam, so we have more time and eyes to check for issues. Keep an eye out on future announcements for exact timings.

We here at Tripwire Interactive are looking forward to a great 2018 across Killing Floor 2 and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and sharing the journey with you, the fans!
ThePonz è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso