Nuovi driver Creative per schede audio X-Fi
Creative Labs ha rilasciato un set di driver aggiornato per le proprie schede audio delle serie X-Fi XtremeMusic, Platinum e Fatal1ty; tra le novità la risoluzione di alcuni problemi con vari titoli 3D, oltre all'integrazione del pieno supporto alle OpenAL 1.1.
Come noto, negli scorsi mesi sono emersi alcuni problemi di compatibilità di queste schede audio con alcuni sistemi, manifestatisi in problemi di scricchiolii durante la riproduzione. I nuovi driver risolvono solo in parte questi difetti.
Il download è accessibile dalla sezione software di Hardware Upgrade, al seguente indirizzo:
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo:
This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, Platinum and Fatal1ty installation CDs. It now provides full OpenAL support for gamers. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
- Includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
- Does not address all the reported general "crackling" issues, but it does resolve some specific issues with crackling. Investigations with some motherboard manufacturers are ongoing, and we hope to provide a general solution soon.
- Resolves some issues to improve your overall audio experience.
- Supports OpenAL 1.1
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding
For Quake 4™ (version 1.04)
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the error message "Quake 4 has encountered an error and needs to close" is displayed
- Resolves the issue of mono speaker out in surround sound environments
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when you select the OpenAL X-Fi option as the audio driver
- Allows audio channels to stream to correct speakers
For Battlefield 2™
- Allows the Ultra-High Audio setting in a multi-player game
For Battlefield 2 (version 1.12)
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when the X-Fi audio driver option is selected
For Doom 3™ (version 1.3)
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when EAX 4.0 is enabled
- Resolves the "pop" issue during the Chainsaw attack sound effect sequence
- Removes "hiss" from the front left speaker
- Allows panning
- Plays the Ambient sound effects correctly
For Unreal® Tournament 2004 (version 3369)
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when running in hardware OpenAL mode (the System Driver check-box is cleared)
For Unreal Tournament 2004 (version 3355)
- Allows reverb in native OpenAL mode
- Allows music to play correctly during gaming in Native OpenAL mode
For Dungeon Siege® (version 1.11)
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding during benchmarking
Music or Movie Playback Fixes:
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when DTS signal is passed through Creative MediaSource™ Player/Organizer
- Removes X-Fi CMSS-3D Speakers distortion when playing DivX stereo content
For Audio Creation Mode
- Removes distortion when recording to a 44.1 kHz multi-channel wave file in Audio Creation Mode with 44.1 kHz master sampling rate
- Removes pops and crackles during record monitoring and changing sample rates
For Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition
- Resolves the issue where no audio is heard from your speakers occasionally when playing 3D MIDI files
- Resolves the missing instrument issue when playing a MIDI file in all modes
- Resolves the "recording process aborted" issue during a 44 kHz multi-channel recording
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when recording with Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer
- Resolves SoundFont® issues where notes distort and change pitch during playback and recording
- Allows your computer to quit Suspend mode when enabling "Automatically Enable Headphone Settings" even when headphones are not connected to your computer
- Resolves the issue where no audio is heard when testing the X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone in the Game Mode console
- Resolves the noise issue when your computer quits Standby mode
Fixes for developers:
- Allows effects to be loaded in EAX4.0 mode of your test program (EAX50ShowDSound)
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when loading a 2D Sound in your test program (DSound50_OpenAL 1.1)
- Resolves the issue where there is no upmix when switching effects
- Resolves the floating point offset issue in OpenAL
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding while using synchronous start through native OpenAL
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, Platinum or Fatal1ty audio device
- Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.