Driver AMD Catalyst 11.5 online, anche in versione hotfix
AMD ha reso disponibili i driver Catalyst release 11.5, compatibili con le schede video dalla serie Radeon HD 2000 in poi. In questa release AMD ha implementato nuove migliorie a Hydravision specifiche per le configurazioni Eyefinity con più display collegati alla stessa scheda video. Non mancano varie ottimizzazioni per migliorare la compatibilità con varie applicazioni, mentre non si segnalano interventi di rilievo sulle prestazioni velocistiche con giochi 3D.
Il download delle versioni per sistemi operativi Windows, a 32bit e a 64bit, è disponibile a questo indirizzo; a questa pagina è invece possibile scaricare la versione Catalyst 11.5a hotfix, che introduce varie migliorie in termini di compatibilità con applicazioni.
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo con la release standard:
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.5 Windows release includes:
Hydravision enhancements for Eyefinity configurations.
- The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision is now aware of user created Bezels.
- The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision now also includes as “Automatic Grid” option that aligns to the user defined Eyefinity display layout.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.5 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- PowerDVD no longer randomly crashes when HDMI 8 Channel Audio is enabled.
- Avivo settings are now correctly displayed in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center after connecting a secondary display.
- Windows Media Player no longer randomly hangs or displays a black screen after playing VC1 (WMV) video files for over 4 hours.
- PowerDVD no longer crashes intermittently after enabling / disabling Crossfire during BD playback.
- Bioshock no longer displays visual corruption with Vsynch and MLAA enabled.
- Transcoding MPEG-2 video to H.264 no longer causes an application crash.
- Transcoding H.264 to AVCHD no longer generates lagging video.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Civilization V no longer stops responding during game launch when Crossfire is enabled.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
- Some BD content may experience jittery playback using WinDVD.
- Quake 4 may display random horizontal corruption during gameplay.
- Random tearing might be observed while playing Riddick 2 with high game settings and Crossfire enabled. (This issue has been resolved with the Catalyst 11.5a hotfix)
- Random video jitter may be observed while playing 1080i BD video with Aero mode disabled.
- Kings Bounty may display rendering issues.
- The mouse cursor may lag in some situations. (This issue has been resolved with the Catalyst 11.5a hotfix)
Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- Windows Aero may be disabled after installing the driver.
- Doom 3 and Quake 4 may display random corruption with HD 4770 series products.
- Performing bezel compensation with a 3 x 2 Eyefinity configuration may cause the bezel group to disappear.
- Video settings may be turned off in the AMD Vision Control Center after extending the desktop to a second display.
- Cyberlink software bay cause the screen to flash green after desktop resolution is changed.
Known Issues under the Windows XP Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows XP operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- OpenGL games may cause the system to hang when launched with Super AA enabled.
- The system may randomly reboot while playing Star Wars – The Force Unleashed II.
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo con i driver Catalyst 11.5a hotfix:
- Includes performance optimizations and resolves various quality issues for the upcoming release of Brink™
- Resolves transcoding video lagging issues seen when converting multiple H.264 clips to MPEG2 Blu-ray video
- Resolves the intermittent mouse cursor lag issue seen by some users
- Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 series graphics card with DDR3 memory and running in DirectX® 9 mode:
- Civilization 5
- Dead Rising 2
- Fallout 3
- Mafia 2
- NBA 2010
- Starcraft 2
- Warcraft III
- World of Warcraft