Nuovo aggiornamento per l'utility Afterburner, ora in versione 4.2.0
Gli appassionati di tweaking e di overclock delle schede video ben conoscono Afterburner, software che permette di monitorare tutti i parametri di funzionamento oltre che intervenire a modificare frequenza di clock di GPU e memoria, soglia di intervento della ventola di raffreddamento e in alcuni casi anche tensione di alimentazione.
La nuova versione ufficiale, 4.2.0, è ora disponibile online, con una nutrita serie di novità tra le quali si segnalano il pieno supporto alle schede video AMD Radeon basate su GPU Fiji oltre al modello MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning edition. Il download della nuova versione è disponibile online a questo indirizzo; di seguito le principali novità:
- Fixed database issue with Device_ID for GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning edition
- Added AMD Fiji graphics processors family support.
- Hardware abstraction layer architecture has been revamped to allow implementation of voltage control via direct access to GPU ondie voltage controllers (e.g. AMD Fiji SMC) in addition to previously supported external voltage controllers connected to GPU via I2C bus. Please take a note that direct access to AMD SMC from multiple simultaneously running hardware monitoring applications can be unsafe and result in collisions, so similar to I2C access synchronization we introduce global namespace synchronization mutex Access_ATI_SMC as SMC access synchronization standard. Other developers are strongly suggested to use it during accessing AMD GPU SMC in order to provide collision free hardware monitoring.
- Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON R9 Fury / Nano series cards with on-die SMC voltage controller
- Added unofficial overclocking support for PowerPlay7 capable graphics cards (AMD Tonga and newer graphics processors family). Please take a note that unofficial overclocking mode with completely disabled PowerPlay is currently not supported for PowerPlay7 capable hardware.
- Added version detection for AMD Radeon Software Crimson edition. Please take a note that new AMD Radeon Software versioning scheme is not backward compatible so now Catalyst version can be reported improperly if you reinstall older versions of Catalyst drivers on top of AMD Radeon Software Crimson edition without cleaning the registry up. Until the issue is addressed inside AMD Radeon Software Crimson edition installer, MSI Afterburner is providing compatibility switch LegacyDriverDetection in the configuration file allowing you to use legacy driver version detection mechanism if youre rolling back to legacy Catalyst drivers after AMD Radeon Software Crimson edition drivers
- GPU usage monitoring filtering algorithms, aimed to filter GPU usage monitoring artifacts in AMD ADL API on AMD Sea Islands GPU family are now disabled by default. Filtering algorithms can still be enabled by power users via configuration file if necessary
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI GTX980Ti Lightning series graphics cards with IR3595A+IR3567B voltage regulators
- Added memory and VRM temperature monitoring for custom design MSI GTX980Ti Lightning series graphics cards with NCT7511Y thermal sensors
- Now SDK includes detailed documentation for third party hardware database format, allowing experienced users to add voltage control support for custom design non-MSI graphics cards
- Temperature monitoring for AMD Family 10h 16h micro architecture CPUs is no longer experimental. Now thermal monitoring on such CPUs is unlocked by default.
- Slightly altered VRAM usage monitoring implementation for AMD and Intel graphics cards. Now total resident bytes are being displayed as VRAM usage instead of total committed bytes, and allocated blocks are no longer being rounded to 1MB boundary per block when calculating a total value
- Improved skin engine. Added support for altered USF skins obfuscation scheme used in most recent versions of third party overclocking tools.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization.
- RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v6.4.1