Nuovi driver beta per schede audio X-Fi
Creative ha reso disponibile per il download un nuovo set di driver beta per le schede audio della famiglia Sound Blaster X-Fi; sono sprovisti di supporto tecnico ufficiale e funzionano per un periodo di tempo di 120 giorni al massimo, oltre i quali devono essere sostituiti dai driver ufficiali resi disponibili nel frattempo.
I driver sono disponibili per il download dalla sezione software di Hardware Upgrade, al seguente indirizzo:
Nei giorni scorsi abbiamo segnalato, con questa notizia, alcuni problemi di compatibilità delle schede X-Fi che si manifestano, in alcuni sistemi, con fruscio e disturbi di vario tipo nella riproduzione. Questi nuovi driver, stando alle nore fornite da Creative, non risolvono del tutto questa situazione ma operano correzioni che in casi specifici risolvono alcuni dei problemi legati alla riproduzione qualitativamente non corretta.
La recensione delle schede audio Creative della famiglia X-Fi è disponibile su Hardware Upgrade a questo indirizzo.
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo:
Take note of the following:
THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver for critical tasks. Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release.
This beta driver expires in 120 days from the time of installation. When this happens, users should install the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi driver available.
- Includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
- Does not address all the reported general "crackling" issues, but it does resolve some specific issues with crackling. Investigations with some motherboard manufacturers are ongoing, and we hope to provide a general solution soon.
- Resolves some issues to improve your overall audio experience.
- Supports OpenAL 1.1
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding
For Quake 4 (version 1.04)
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the error message "Quake 4 has encountered an error and needs to close" is displayed
- Resolves the issue of mono speaker out in surround sound environments
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when you select the OpenAL X-Fi option as the audio driver
- Allows audio channels to stream to correct speakers
For Battlefield 2
- Allows the Ultra-High Audio setting in a multi-player game
For Battlefield 2 (version 1.12)
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when the X-Fi audio driver option is selected
For Doom 3 (version 1.3)
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when EAX 4.0 is enabled
- Resolves the "pop" issue during the Chainsaw attack sound effect sequence
- Removes "hiss" from the front left speaker
- Allows panning
- Plays the Ambient sound effects correctly
For Unreal® Tournament 2004 (version 3369)
- Allows you to hear audio from speakers when running in hardware OpenAL mode (the System Driver check-box is cleared)
For Unreal Tournament 2004 (version 3355)
- Allows reverb in native OpenAL mode
- Allows music to play correctly during gaming in Native OpenAL mode
For Dungeon Siege® (version 1.11)
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding during benchmarking
Music or Movie Playback Fixes:
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when DTS signal is passed through Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer
- Removes X-Fi CMSS-3D Speakers distortion when playing DivX stereo content
- Resolves the issue where audio stops when you turn on the inputs in Cubase® LE
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the sample rate changes in Cubase
- Resolves crackling during playback and monitoring at 1 ms
- Resolves the issue where signal is lost when the sample rate changes in Cubase LE or SX3
For Audio Creation Mode
- Removes distortion when recording to a 44.1 kHz multi-channel wave file in Audio Creation Mode with 44.1 kHz master sampling rate
- Removes the pops and crackles during record monitoring and changing sample rates
For Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition
- Resolves the issue where no audio is heard from your speakers occasionally when playing 3D MIDI files
- Resolves the missing instrument issue when playing a MIDI file in all modes
For Cubase LE 1.09
- Resumes normal playback of MIDI tracks when changing sampling rate
- Resolves the "recording process aborted" issue during a 44 kHz multi-channel recording
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when recording with Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer
- Resolves SoundFont® issues where notes distort and change pitch during playback and recording
- Allows your computer to quit Suspend mode when enabling "Automatically Enable Headphone Settings" even when headphones are not connected to your computer
- Resolves the issue where no audio is heard when testing the X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone in the Game Mode console
- Resolves the noise issue when your computer quits Standby mode
Fixes for developers:
- Allows effects to be loaded in EAX4.0 mode of your test program (EAX50ShowDSound)
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when loading a 2D Sound in your test program (DSound50_OpenAL 1.1)
- Resolves the issue where there is no upmix when switching effects
- Resolves floating point offset issue in OpenAL
- Resolves the issue of the computer not responding while using synchronous start through native OpenAL
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio device
- Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.