ATi rilascia i driver Catalyst 4.9
ATI ha rilasciato una versione aggiornata dei driver Catalyst, giunti alla versione 4.9. Scritti per sistemi operativi Windows 2000 e Windows XP, i driver sono disponibili in locale nella sezione download di Hardware Upgrade, a questo indirizzo (43 Mbytes circa).
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo dei nuovi driver.
Issues Resolved in CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 4.9
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of CATALYST™. These include:
- XIII: Light map artifacts are no longer noticed in the game when loading a saved game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9200 installed
- Far Cry v1.2: Texture corruption is no longer seen on the ground
- IL2 Forgotten Battles: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 series installed no longer results in the display corruption and the game failing to respond when FSAA is enabled and display is set to either 1200x960 or 1600x1200
- Indian Jones and the Emperors Tomb: Display corruption and missing polygons are no longer noticed in the game
- PainKiller: missing textures are no longer noticed on the ground and light artifacts are noticed when moving around within the game or when moving in and out of the light.
- Serious Sam SE: Running the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO installed no longer results in lens flares showing through solid objects within the game
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: An access violation error no longer occurs when using the function Alt-Tab to get out of the game and then using the function Alt-Tab to get back into the game
- Tabula Rasa: Video rendering issues are no longer noticed playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO installed
- Tony Hawk 4: playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9100 installed no longer results in white pixels being seen around the edges of objects
- Connecting an HDTV 7pin dongle to the video card no longer results in TV detection issues when both the TV and YPbPr (HDTV) are active
- Playing a DVD with PowerDVD on the primary display and playing an MPEG clip with Windows Media Player on the secondary display device no longer results in flickering and corruption being seen
Known Issues for CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 4.9
The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of CATALYST™. These include the following:
- City of Heroes: Specular lighting issues and incorrect textures is noticed when playing the game under Windows XP. Further information on this issue can be found at: www.ati.com/support/infobase/4561.html
- Doom3: disabling the object buffers within the game results in the game failing to respond http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4619.html
- F1 Challenge: A performance decrease is noticed under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO installed. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4578.html
- Psychotoxic: Attempting to start a new game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO installed results in the game failing to load http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4618.html
- SpellForce: The Order of Dawn. Playing the game under Windows XP with an RADEON™ 9100 installed results in the character's shadows not being drawn properly when the game options for shadow type is set to high http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4617.html
- Attempting to play a Java based game or visit a Java based website results in display corruption under Windows XP when either an ATI RADEON™ 9800 SE or RADEON™ X800 XT Platinum card installed and AA is enabled. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4570.html
- Dragging the MS Media Player over to the secondary monitor results in overlay not being available if SURROUNDVIEW is enabled http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4616.html
- Installation does not complete - Idriver.exe runs @ 100% CPU utilization (w/SP2 installed) http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4620.html
- Error: "Record not found on MSI.DB" during installation (w/ pre-RADEON™ integrated Video) http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4621.html
For further information and general help on driver or software installation, game issues, and more, visit the ATI FAQ website.
CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER Version 4.9
This section provide information on ATI's CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER. The CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER replaces the ATI Classic Control Panel and allows users to easily configure and increase their productivity when using an ATI graphics accelerator. The CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER includes an extensive feature set that significantly enhances the end-user experience.