AMD aggiorna i driver Catalyst, ora in versione 13.1 WHQL
AMD ha reso disponibili per il download i nuovi driver Catalyst 13.1 dotati di certificazione WHQL. Il download è compatibile con le schede video AMD, tanto desktop quanto mobile, delle famiglie Radeon HD 5000, Radeon HD 6000 e Radeon HD 7000. I sistemi operativi supportati sono quelli Windows 8, 7, Vista e XP in versioni a 32bit e a 64bit.
Tra le peculiarità di questa nuova versione, il cui download è accessibile a questo indirizzo, segnaliamo la presenza di un nuovo pannello per la gestione delle impostazioni 3D all'interno del Catalyst Control Center oltre a varie migliorie prestazionali con numerosi titoli 3D per le schede della famiglia Radeon HD 7000.
Di seguito le note fornite a corredo:
Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.1: AMD Catalyst Control Center: New 3D settings and profile management user interface
- AMD Catalyst 13.1 features a newly designed 3D application settings page, allow users to more easily adjust and control their 3D settings on a per application basis.
Performance Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.1 (vs. AMD Catalyst 12.10): Includes all of the performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11
- Performance gains seen on the entire AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series:
- Improves performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
- Improves CrossFire scaling performance in Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
- More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
- Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
- Up to 10% more performance in DiRT Showdown
- Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
- Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
- Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
- Improves performance up to 5% in Max Payne 3
- AMD Catalyst Mobility 7970M performance for AMD Enduro Technology supported
platforms has been substantially improved for DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and DirectX 11
- 3DMark 06 Up to 6%
- 3DMark Vantage Up to 15%
- 3DMark 11 Up to 12%
- AvP Up to 11%
- Battlefield 3 Up to 25%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Up to 13%
- Crysis 2: Up to 45%
- DiRT Showdown Up to 62%
- ETQW Up to 8%
- Hard Reset Up to 8%
- Just Cause 2 Up to 90%
- Mafia 2 Up to 40%
- The Chronicles of Riddick Up to 4%
- Shogun 2 Up to 56%
- StarCraft 2 Up to 25%
- Skyrim Up to 45%
- Sniper Elite V2 Up to 60%
- Tom Clancys HAWX Up to 56%
- Unigine Heaven Up to 33%
- Wolfenstein Up to 9%
- Super Sample Anti-Aliasing has now been enabled in the AMD OpenGL driver
Resolved issue highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.1 (vs. AMD Catalyst 12.10) Includes all of the fixes found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11
- Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
- Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
- Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
- Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
- Resolves the Skyrim lighting issue (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- Resolves the issue with engine and memory clocks running too high when the GPU is idle. Clocks will now run at the proper level when the GPU is idle.
- Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870.
- Resolves Corruption seen in Darkness 2 and Carrier Command when using CrossFire configurations