Torna indietro   Hardware Upgrade Forum > Giochi > Giochi per PC > Thread ufficiali

La Formula E può correre su un tracciato vero? Reportage da Misano con Jaguar TCS Racing
La Formula E può correre su un tracciato vero? Reportage da Misano con Jaguar TCS Racing
Abbiamo visto ancora una volta la Formula E da vicino, ospiti di Jaguar TCS Racing. In questa occasione però curve e rettilinei erano quelli di un circuito permanente, molto diverso dagli stretti passaggi delle strade di Roma
Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stessa anima gaming
Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stessa anima gaming
Lenovo ha puntato forte sul gaming negli ultimi anni e lo testimoniano i marchi LEGION e LOQ, il primo per gli amanti delle massime prestazioni e dell'assenza di compromessi, il secondo per chi desidera soluzioni dal buon rapporto tra prestazioni e prezzo. Abbiamo provato due esponenti dell'offerta, così da capire l'effettiva differenza prestazionale.
Nothing Ear e Ear (a): gli auricolari per tutti i gusti! La ''doppia'' recensione
Nothing Ear e Ear (a): gli auricolari per tutti i gusti! La ''doppia'' recensione
Nothing propone sul mercato non uno ma ben due auricolari nuovi: Ear di terza generazione e Ear (a) ossia un nuovo modello a basso costo pronto a ritagliarsi una fetta di mercato. Entrambi rimangono fedeli al marchio per il design ancora trasparente ma fanno un balzo in avanti notevole per qualità e soppressione del rumore.  
Tutti gli articoli Tutte le news

Vai al Forum
Rispondi

Strumenti
Old 19-11-2012, 10:36   #261
Darkless

L'Avatar di Darkless

Iscritto dal: Feb 2004
Città: Cremona
Non han detto praticamente nulla sul gioco, ci risiamo

E intanto purtroppo un altor KS fallisce, Antharion si ferma a 13.8k sui 15k richiesti.
Old 19-11-2012, 10:36   #262
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Iscritto dal: May 2001
L'ho letto di fretta... Che dire...
1M è tanto per ogni progetto, questo ha per quel che mi riguarda tra le migliori referenze. Però... Mi pare che siano troooppo indietro...
Temo faccia la fine di Shaker, che mi pare non abbia insegnato molto...

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 19-11-2012 alle 13:23.
Jon Irenicus è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 20-11-2012, 08:59   #263
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Thorvalla manco a 20K dopo una giornata...
C'è anche un aggiornamento...
Quote:
Reflections on the first campaign day
Update #1 · Nov. 20, 2012 · 2 comments

The first day of our campaign is over and we’ve heard a lot of voices making their support for the project known. Naturally, there have also been a number of questions, of course. All of you want to see more of the game, and that is completely understandable. You are excited about the project, as are we. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t giddy to the bone.

However, at such an early stage of the project, it is not easy to create material that lends itself to being shown off. Much of it would be simply confusing or misleading. Currently, there is a lot of experimentation going on, as we try to lock down the look and feel of the game, and the first sketches we put up along with this campaign are a perfect example, how quickly wrong impressions can be created. Therefore, let me just assure everyone that we are not going for a cartoony look. These first sketches were just random ideas that artist Juan Garcia jotted down based on story ideas we floated around the team. Juan has a strong comic book background and as a result some of his images also turned out a bit comic book-like. Visually, this is not the style we are aiming for. What we do aim for is the kind of kinetic energy you can see in his drawings. There are some incredible dynamics at work in his pictures, creating very striking poses. That part, we definitely strive for; characters that instantly fascinate and rev up your imagination.

The actual look of the game will be much more realistic, offering beautifully painted characters and 3D-modeled representations of them. We may be a bit experimental in parts of the game, but I give you my promise that the look will not be part of it. I am simply too much in love with traditional fantasy paintings.

There is also some confusion already about the core technology we will be using, so let me try to cut through the muddle a bit. In various statements I pointed out that we have not yet decided whether we will use an isometric view, a perspectively corrected 2.5D or a full 3D approach.

Understand that this is merely a matter of aesthetics, nothing else. The viewpoint will always be the same. Regardless of the underlying graphics technology to draw it, the game will always have a top down view. The technology changes nothing in that. The only difference it makes for us as developers is how we implement it, and how we will have to prepare the graphic assets. That is a perfectly normal process, however, and is how games are developed. Unless you start out determined to use a specific technology, you run tests to determine feasibility before you commit to something that will have consequences for the entire length of the project, and this pre-production phase is exactly the time to do these sorts of evaluations.

Making games is a highly iterative process and we will provide a lot more materials and information as time goes by. I am sure it will be a very thrilling look behind the scenes into the making of games for many of you, a process that for most of you has traditionally been hidden behind closed doors. With our project, we’ll give you an insider’s view of the process.

We will start putting out materials and more details as soon as we think they are suitable to be seen by a wider audience, and that they truly reflect ideas we are seriously considering. I feel strongly that especially at this, the funding stage, it is crucial not to send the wrong signals. Naturally, it is also important to satisfy the hunger for information, so we will try to balance it all nicely to keep everyone happy. If all else fails, you can always bank on our extensive experience and the knowledge that we are dedicated to creating a high quality and polished product, and that we have the track record to prove that we can do it.

On an entirely unrelated note, we have also added Thorvalla to Steam’s Concept Greenlight page so that the game can make its way onto Steam once it is completed. Please feel free to stop over some time and give the concept a thumbs-up. You can find it here - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=109067149

And if you are interested to learn a little more about the creation of some of my older games, check out this new retrospective interview at RPG Codex where I reminisce about the Realms of Arkania series - http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8620

Thank you all for your support. In order to keep the momentum for the campaign going, please make sure to talk about the game. Please mention it on message boards you frequent, tweet it up, post about it on your Facebook or add one of the Backer Buttons to your own blog or website. Every little bit counts and we are truly appreciative of everyone’s effort to help us give Thorvalla the necessary boost to reach its goal.

I will be back tomorrow with more info for you.

Guido Henkel
Mi vien da dire imbarazzante... Ok, il nome e tutto quello che si vuole, ma davvero c'è solo quello... Imho non lascia presagire info decenti durante la durata della campagna.

PS: ho cmq intenzione di seguirlo e riportare aggiornamenti, non so se è il caso di aprire un th a parte (però mi rompe di un gioco solo concept, ma se interessa si può fare).

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 20-11-2012 alle 09:05.
Old 20-11-2012, 19:10   #264
michael1one

L'Avatar di michael1one

Iscritto dal: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Jon Irenicus Guarda i messaggi
Thorvalla manco a 20K dopo una giornata...
C'è anche un aggiornamento...
Mi vien da dire imbarazzante... Ok, il nome e tutto quello che si vuole, ma davvero c'è solo quello... Imho non lascia presagire info decenti durante la durata della campagna.

PS: ho cmq intenzione di seguirlo e riportare aggiornamenti, non so se è il caso di aprire un th a parte (però mi rompe di un gioco solo concept, ma se interessa si può fare).
Mi sa che sto Thorvalla a fallito, preferirei vedere quei soldi in altri progetti...

Ultima modifica di michael1one : 20-11-2012 alle 19:13.
michael1one è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 20-11-2012, 19:37   #265
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da michael1one Guarda i messaggi
Mi sa che sto Thorvalla a fallito, preferirei vedere quei soldi in altri progetti...
Mah, se è vero che è un progetto che gli frullava in testa da anni chissà insista e faccia vedere qualcosa di buono... Anche la sparata sul sistema, qualunque esso sia, basato sul card game non è piaciuto alla gente... Poi il viso da personaggio uscito da un cartone moderno per bambini fighetti che si vede a 1:33 nemmeno ha fatto sta gran figura...
Troppo facile dire che avrà quello che avevano di bello i giochi vecchi, sarà tosto come si deve, però sarà pure innovativo e originale in certe meccaniche... Quando non solo non hanno scelto l'engine, ma manco se è in full 3D o meno (che poi è una delle cose che mi interessano meno ma è indicativo)...
Il bello è che visti i precedenti lavori di Henkel e Hallford c'è effettivamente da darci fiducia per cui mi rode pure per una presentazione del genere...
Però vanno a chiedere un milione quando sti riferimenti, a parte Torment che è un capolavoro, dove ha fatto il producer (ho letto che ha avuto abbastanza peso sul gioco, ma non so a che livello), NWN e DS che non mi son piaciuti tantissimo invece (e non so che ruolo hanno avuto ad essere onesto) gli altri son roba vecchia che non credo tirino troppo...
Realms Of Arcania, non c'ho giocato, sicuramente era il titolo adorato dai nerd dell'epoca... M&M3 sicuramente famoso, ma per i vecchio giocatori, Fallout 2 bellissimo ma sono il 3 e NV di cui si parla oggi, Betrayal At Krondor altro titolo osannato ma sempre molto vecchio...
Vabbè, spero non mollino e facciano vedere qualcosa di buono più avanti...

Caspita, se penso ad Arakion in cui un giovane sconosciuto ha cominciato a far vedere immagini di artwork, qualcuna renderizzata, qualche filmatino ingame, ha spiegato tutto sommato dettagliatamente le meccaniche del gioco per quanto possibile così presto, ha pure ascoltato i fan su qualche richiesta e parrebbe tutto da solo... Niente di eccezionale (a parte l'averlo fatto da solo), ma concreto e che dà un'idea (perlomeno della serietà). Poi s'è posto un goal modesto ma concreto che poi ha finalizzato bene, con degli strecht anche apprezzabili (per quanto non apprezzi sempre sti strecht...).
Possibile che dei veterani con sicuramente più mezzi ed esperienza non riescano a mostrare qualcosa? Si può anche dire che sicuramente vogliono fare giochi più ambiziosi per cui molto più difficili da inquadrare, specialmente con supporto tecnico, ma senza pretendere immagini renderizzate qualche artwork come si deve, qualche modello magari, idee chiare sulla struttura del gioco con una bozza di regolamento... Anche l'idea del dialo di esempio di Sui generis m'è piaciuta... Per questo occorre pensarci senza avere chissà che risorse tecniche.
Altrimenti se hanno bisogno di un concept e aiuto dagli utenti su come partire che vadano ad aprirsi un thread sul codex o su rpgwatch chiedendo che idee piacciono di più al pubblico hardcore...

Intanto almeno ha vinto HERO-U di misura, potrebbe saltar fuori un titolo parecchio interessante.

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 20-11-2012 alle 19:43.
Old 21-11-2012, 08:32   #266
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Thorvalla update

Quote:
Update #2 · Nov. 20, 2012

I have taken everyone’s comments and thoughts into consideration and I have decided that I will give you a general overview over Thorvalla at a macro level to make sure everyone gets a better feel for what exactly it is we are trying to build.

The game is essentially a group of components that work together and I will tackle them one by one for you.

Character Generation
This is where it all begins. Even though the player begins with a single character, you will be able to adjust many elements. Additional party members are recruited as the game progresses, but more on that later.

Character stats will be quite detailed. Perhaps not the kind of super-micro-management we had in Realms of Arkania, but still detailed enough to allow for plenty of customized play.

The player can chose from eight classes.

Warrior
Scout
Shadow Dancer - a Thief-like class
Monk - a tank with some basic magic abilities
Druid - a tank mage with focus on magic based in nature
Wizard/Witch
Sorcerer
Demonizer - a spell caster class that draw its powers from demons of all shapes and forms

Characters will also have the following, fairly standard set of attributes. I am not sure I am entirely happy with these yet, so I may tweak these a little as we go along.

Brawn/Strength
Dexterity
Agility
Wisdom
Soul
Charisma

Combat skills are calculated from these attributes and cover Attack, Damage, Defense and Armor. Note, that Armor is not an armor class rating but an actual point value. I’ve always found that much more intuitive and easier to read while playing games.

In addition, there will be calculated general magic skills, of course, such as Magic Attack and Magic Defense. On top of those come the elemental magic armors against Fire, Water, Ice, and so on, which are item, spell or effect driven during actual gameplay.

Then, to deepen characters, there will be the traits and skills. Look for things such as various weapon skills for Swords, Axes, Two-handed weapons, staffs, projectile weapons, etc. Unarmed fighting skills will also be included, particularly for the Monk class, which you will find have tremendous bonuses here because I like Martial Arts. :-)

Other, more general traits will include things such as Charming, Taunting, Temptation - which is important because there will be succubi in the game -, Dragon Taming, Lock-Picking, Stealth, Tracking, Languages, Cultures, Herbal Knowledge, Poison and pure Luck, to name a few. As we design the story and quests, etc. we will make sure to create proper challenges and plot branches that make the most of each of these attributes so that you will feel that they truly have purpose.

Travel Map
The game will feature a travel map that is very similar in its looks and feel to the one found in Blade of Destiny. I always loved that relief look with the jagged line crawling over it representing the traveling party, and in high resolution it will look even cooler.

Since we are traveling overland like this, Camping will also be an important part of the game, particularly to restore health and mana. Yes, the game features a mana-based magic system that will restore itself over time and with rest.

Camps also serve for additional random encounters. Not only with monsters, and bandits and such, but also with other travelers, who might then happen to share information with you - or perhaps, they’re just out to slit your throats, after all.

The travel map will contain countless events, encounters and plot points that will be unlocked during the game. Some of them driven through the story, your characters, others through certain skills, others yet by chance. If you’ve played Blade of Destiny, I think you know exactly what to expect.

Towns and Dungeons
When we leave the map and enter towns, dungeons or other locations of interest, the game will switch to a top-down view. My preference currently is an isometric view that will give you a good overview of your surroundings and offer us the ability to make it look really cool. The environments will be interactive, so you can click on things to activate them. The same goes for monsters and NPCs that will wander these areas, naturally.

We will have demo screens for this shortly to give you a good idea what this top-down view will look like in the actual game, but I am sure all of you have played an isometric game at one point in their life. The screens will also give you a good impression of the level of quality and the look we are aiming for.

For us currently, one point of discussion is whether we should make it isometric, which is the way Planescape: Torment looks, or whether we should go for a different view in which the elements farther away from the viewer are scaled down to create a proper perspective, while still keeping monsters etc. as 2D sprites. The third option is to create it as a 3D world entirely, in which case it would look more like, say Diablo 3 or Star Craft 2. Needless to say, though, Thorvalla will play entirely differently than Diablo.

None of these are bad choices, but considering that each have their own unique strengths and limitations we have to spend some time on determining what is most important to us and which of these approaches fits our needs the most. I personally prefer the 2D approach but there are very valid reasons to use the other alternatives. My experience has taught me that time invested here is time well spent down the line, because decisions like these cannot really be reverted easy further down the line. It is truly where 30 years of making games pays big dividends.

If we were to go 2D, we would use a framework called Voodoo that I have developed, maintained and used for the past 10+ years. I recently decided to port it from OpenGL to SDL to make sure it runs on as many platforms as possible, but the graphic engine is only a part of Voodoo. It also includes all other sorts of components necessary to write games. If we decide to go 2.5D or 3D, the choice will be the Unity engine, very clearly. That just for the tech-heads among you.

Combat
Now we get into an area that is probably the most difficult to describe. My basic idea revolves around the concept of creating attack formations. If you have ever played Might&Magic: Clash of Heroes, you may know what I am referring to. But before you dismiss it, please let me explain this in more detail, because what I am planning to do is quite a bit more elaborate as to infuse it with the elements of true RPG combat.

Imagine you have two opposing sides. Like in a game of chess, both opponents have their “figurines.” This is where the card concept comes in that I mentioned before. Instead of having the player battle out his fight physically, he is using his powers to do so, represented by cards. It is an abstraction.

Here is an example. The player has a number of sword attack cards and they are dropped randomly on his side of the battlefield, along with some defensive cards, perhaps, traps, enhancements and spells - all coming from a deck of cards the player put together earlier. Now, the player has to combine these cards. He has a number of moves in each round to do so. He can, for example, combine three attack cards, turning them into an attack formation by lining them up accordingly. It is essentially the equivalent to selecting "Attack" in a traditional RPG.

From there he can then fine-tune the attack with a menu selection and decide whether he wants it to be strong, which takes time to charge, or fast, which results in a weaker attack but might be exactly what you need in order to destroy an opposing attack formation before it strikes you. While the attack is being charged, the player can then modify the attack formation with other cards to strengthen it, or to apply certain elemental damage modificators, such as adding fire to the attack, etc. Are you still with me?

Eventually, the attack unfolds and the player storms to the other side of the battlefield to attack the opponent. Now, the effects are determined in the traditional way RPGs are determining combat damage, etc. Your character’s stats determine the amount of damage you’re doing, your abilities will determine the chances to evade an incoming attack, and so forth. This, of course, is all shown visually on a hex-grid battlefield, again in an isometric view.

Magic attacks work essentially the same way, as do things such as traps, parries, blocks, etc. They will have to be activated by grouping them together and then unleashing them on the opponent. Of course, the opponent will do the same to you in return. So, round for round, each will work on a way to defeat the opponent, using their limited number of moves per round to maximize the impact of their actions.

Once cards have been used in a round they disappear from the battlefield and go back into the card deck. At any time the player can replenish the battlefield with cards from the deck - at a cost.

There is a certain randomness to the battle but most of it is decided by proper tactics. If you plan lines of attack carefully you can deal out devastating blows that can wipe out the opponent in a single attack.

I know that this kind of combat is highly unconventional and I also understand that it might be a bit tricky to envision right now. However, in my opinion it has tremendous strengths and can be a lot of fun, particularly because it feels much less repetitive than traditional combat. What’s more is that the player really has to get involved in the tactics of combat because the opponent’s AI can always counter your moves. In that respect it actually has a lot in common with chess.

It has enormous potential once you begin to think about the possibilities that present themselves here. Every new character in your party will bring new cards to the mix that you can draw upon and modify your combat strategies. To me it is a cool way to reinvigorate RPG combat in a way that is fresh but is still very much inspired and faithful to the capabilities of traditional RPG combat systems. I hope that now that I have explained it in a little more detail, you can also get excited about the concept. To me this is what Kickstarter is about. The ability to try something new, and I hope that you will support that notion. I cannot guarantee at this point that this combat system will be all that I think it is. Play testing will show that, but I also want you to rest assured in the knowledge that if I get the impression that it doesn’t play right and just doesn’t work out the way I had envisioned it, I will be the first to toss it out and replace it with a traditional turn-based system in the vein of the “Realms of Arkania” games. Just have a little faith in me and let us give this concept a fair shake. If it doesn’t work, at least we can collectively say that we tried, scrap it and go back to the roots.

Deck building
Since we are using cards for combat, we will also need a way to properly arrange and build the card decks to maximize the impact. The player will be able to create predefined card sets that he can quickly draw upon at the start of combat. He can have a specialized set to fight non-magic users, for example, another one against spell casters, a third preset for combat that is highly offensive, another preset that is more defensive and focuses on blocking incoming attacks as good as possible because they would be so devastating that they would instantly defeat the player. (Think dragons…)

Dialogue
The game will feature plenty of dialogue and as a result a proper dialogue system is imperative. To that effect, I am thinking of a text parser with natural language input. You know, the kind Text Adventures had in the 80s.

No, I’m just kidding, of course, but now that I think of it…

No, seriously. We will use a multiple-choice system for dialogues in the game. Time has shown us that it is the best way to deal with dialogue in games such as this to properly manage flow and make it user-friendly for the player.

Conclusion
That pretty much wraps up the overview of the game's key components. There is nothing in there to be afraid of. It’s essentially all stuff we have done many times before and have proven in the past that we can do it better than most other developers, whether it's the stat management, travel maps or hard core RPG combat. It's the reason why many of you are such ardent fans of our previous games. Not to mention the involving, deep stories and character interaction that we will include to wrap it all up in.

Tomorrow I will tell you a little more about Party Building because it also has an interesting aspect to it that I believe you guys will love, so look forward to that.

For now, thank you all for supporting us and for hanging in there with us. We realize that this project has difficulties, of course, but we are putting every effort into getting the necessary information out to you.
Qui si comincia a ragionare.
Si è molto nel territorio del "lo so che può suonare strano ma datemi fiducia che vi ho dimostrato in passato che ci so fare", ma suona già meglio dell'inizio.
Non capisco perchè ste info non sono state date all'uscita (non voglio pensare che siano state decise al volo), a quel punto avrebbe fatto un'impressione più favorevole, almeno a me.
Old 21-11-2012, 12:05   #267
michael1one

L'Avatar di michael1one

Quote:
Mah, se è vero che è un progetto che gli frullava in testa da anni chissà insista e faccia vedere qualcosa di buono... Anche la sparata sul sistema, qualunque esso sia, basato sul card game non è piaciuto alla gente... Poi il viso da personaggio uscito da un cartone moderno per bambini fighetti che si vede a 1:33 nemmeno ha fatto sta gran figura...
Troppo facile dire che avrà quello che avevano di bello i giochi vecchi, sarà tosto come si deve, però sarà pure innovativo e originale in certe meccaniche... Quando non solo non hanno scelto l'engine, ma manco se è in full 3D o meno (che poi è una delle cose che mi interessano meno ma è indicativo)...
Il bello è che visti i precedenti lavori di Henkel e Hallford c'è effettivamente da darci fiducia per cui mi rode pure per una presentazione del genere...
Però vanno a chiedere un milione quando sti riferimenti, a parte Torment che è un capolavoro, dove ha fatto il producer (ho letto che ha avuto abbastanza peso sul gioco, ma non so a che livello), NWN e DS che non mi son piaciuti tantissimo invece (e non so che ruolo hanno avuto ad essere onesto) gli altri son roba vecchia che non credo tirino troppo...
Realms Of Arcania, non c'ho giocato, sicuramente era il titolo adorato dai nerd dell'epoca... M&M3 sicuramente famoso, ma per i vecchio giocatori, Fallout 2 bellissimo ma sono il 3 e NV di cui si parla oggi, Betrayal At Krondor altro titolo osannato ma sempre molto vecchio...
Vabbè, spero non mollino e facciano vedere qualcosa di buono più avanti...
Si sul lavoro che hanno fatto alcuni capolavori altri meno, però e partito proprio male cioè partire da un 1mil(sarebbe stato più coretto 500.000 $) senza aver mostrato praticamente niente solo idee non che sia un male anzi, ma mostrare qualcosa di più concreto sarebbe stato molto meglio, poi l'ultimo aggiornamene perché non dirlo prima...

Quote:
Caspita, se penso ad Arakion in cui un giovane sconosciuto ha cominciato a far vedere immagini di artwork, qualcuna renderizzata, qualche filmatino ingame, ha spiegato tutto sommato dettagliatamente le meccaniche del gioco per quanto possibile così presto, ha pure ascoltato i fan su qualche richiesta e parrebbe tutto da solo... Niente di eccezionale (a parte l'averlo fatto da solo), ma concreto e che dà un'idea (perlomeno della serietà). Poi s'è posto un goal modesto ma concreto che poi ha finalizzato bene, con degli strecht anche apprezzabili (per quanto non apprezzi sempre sti strecht...).
Possibile che dei veterani con sicuramente più mezzi ed esperienza non riescano a mostrare qualcosa? Si può anche dire che sicuramente vogliono fare giochi più ambiziosi per cui molto più difficili da inquadrare, specialmente con supporto tecnico, ma senza pretendere immagini renderizzate qualche artwork come si deve, qualche modello magari, idee chiare sulla struttura del gioco con una bozza di regolamento... Anche l'idea del dialo di esempio di Sui generis m'è piaciuta... Per questo occorre pensarci senza avere chissà che risorse tecniche.
Altrimenti se hanno bisogno di un concept e aiuto dagli utenti su come partire che vadano ad aprirsi un thread sul codex o su rpgwatch chiedendo che idee piacciono di più al pubblico hardcore...

Intanto almeno ha vinto HERO-U di misura, potrebbe saltar fuori un titolo parecchio interessante.
Arakion non lo seguito molto, ma ha fatto una campagna nettamente superiore a quella di THORVALLA, ma ti riferisci a Chris Taylor come creatore
Old 21-11-2012, 12:47   #268
Darkless

L'Avatar di Darkless

Quote:
Un po' come il tuo italiano

Scherzi a parte sarò superficiale stavolta ma senza nulla di concreto non backero.
Fra l'altro già nel primo update mi sforna combattimenti con le carte e caselline bonus da attivare
Old 21-11-2012, 12:49   #269
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Sul card game ecc li lascio anche il beneficio del dubbio , magari riesce a fare il numero che dice o qualcosa che funzia. Mal che vada ropiegherebbe su un sistema alla roa...
Quote:
Si sul lavoro che hanno fatto alcuni capolavori altri meno, però e partito proprio male cioè partire da un 1mil(sarebbe stato più coretto 500.000 $) senza aver mostrato praticamente niente solo idee non che sia un male anzi, ma mostrare qualcosa di più concreto sarebbe stato molto meglio, poi l'ultimo aggiornamene perché non dirlo prima...

Arakion non lo seguito molto, ma ha fatto una campagna nettamente superiore a quella di THORVALLA, ma ti riferisci a Chris Taylor come creatore
Si, ma è un altro Chris Taylor
Quoto il resto e dovessero rifare la campagna, oltre a mettere più sostanza, mi sa che dovrebbero abbassare cmq un pò, anche se non punterà ad essere come roa cmq si parla di un gioco piuttosto hardcore, almeno così si augurano i nerd

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 21-11-2012 alle 12:55.
Old 21-11-2012, 13:20   #270
michael1one

L'Avatar di michael1one

haaaa! ora ho capito il dilemma di Chris Taylor

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Darkless Guarda i messaggi
Un po' come il tuo italiano
Scusate ma cerco di scrivere il più corretto possibile , io comunque ho finanziato un altro genere
Old 22-11-2012, 06:33   #271
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

M'è arrivata una mail da parte di Uberstore che afferma che è cominciato il preorder di Planetary Annihilation.
Quote:
Combat Edition
$40
Edition includes:

Retail Game Key
Theta Commander PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVE!*
Soundtrack Download
Desktop Wallpaper

Warfare Edition
$60
Edition includes:

Retail Game Key
Soundtrack Download
Desktop Wallpaper

Beta Access

Galactic Edition
$90
Edition includes:

Retail Game Key
Soundtrack Download
Desktop Wallpaper

Beta Access
Alpha Access
Digital Artbook

*FAQ: Do early backers from Kickstarter and PayPal get the Theta commander?
You bet! You'll automatically get the Theta Commander if you pledged $20 (or $15 early bird) or more via Kickstarter or PayPal.
Beh, backare è convenuto per chi l'ha fatto, com'è giuto che sia.
Questo titolo merita indubbiamente un thread aspettando! Forse è presto, ma non è che qualche appassionato di rts ci pensa?

Per chi vuole intervista (in inglese o tedesco) ad Henkel su Thorvalla, leggerò con calma...
http://www.gamers.de/artikel/1993/1/...l-english.html

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 22-11-2012 alle 06:36.
Old 22-11-2012, 12:46   #272
michael1one

L'Avatar di michael1one

Quote:
M'è arrivata una mail da parte di Uberstore che afferma che è cominciato il preorder di Planetary Annihilation.
Beh, backare è convenuto per chi l'ha fatto, com'è giuto che sia.
Questo titolo merita indubbiamente un thread aspettando! Forse è presto, ma non è che qualche appassionato di rts ci pensa?
Mi interessa Planetary Annihilation, ma evito la creazione di un thread
Old 22-11-2012, 17:51   #273
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Salterà fuori prima o poi...

Intanto ben altri 2 update a Thorvalla...

Update #3 Character Generation, Party Building and a new Pledge Reward

Update #4 THE MYTH OF THORVAL IRONSKY AND THE BIRTH OF THORVALLA

Il 4 è un po' di background che non fa male...

Il 3 mi lascia perplesso...
Intanto un dungeon disponibile solo per chi fa il pledge da almeno 30$, già mi sta antipatica l'idea (non per i 30$ che se sto kickstart fosse stato fatto con criterio forse glieli avrei dati, quanto per una preclusione per acquisti più tardivi), inoltre ha peso zero perchè tanto manco un miracolo fa andare bene sto kickstart...
Inoltre ecco qua quella che crede una buona idea:
si crea inizialmente solo un perosnaggio perchè crearli tutti all'inizio è pesante e può portar via troppo tempo (ricordo che si parla di un gioco complesso come stats) e si trovano compagni per strada. Inoltre sti compagni possono essere utili per creare discorsi su storie, quest personali ecc... Fin qui nulla di particolare.
Solo che però per garantire l'approccio nerd e personalizzato a quel punto si possono tirare le caratteristiche di sti compagni e scelgliere pure la classe...
Meh... Mi lascia un po' di dubbi... Tra un mago ed un guerriero per forza di cose potrebbe cambiare qualche quest o qualche comportamento... Oppure un personaggio losco ed assassino non ce lo vedrei bene come tank di prima fila (a meno di caratterizzazioni inusuali e fatte bene)...
Magari è possibile tenere un carattere di base e magari limitare le possibili classi per un certo personaggio, sviluppando pure quest che non si attivano per certe combinazioni...
Mi sa che quasi è più semplice fissare la classe, lasciare se si vuole libera la distribuzione dei punti e piuttosto fare qualche npc in più...

Se non altro bisogna dare atto che qualche esperimento vuole farlo.

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 22-11-2012 alle 18:05.
Old 22-11-2012, 18:27   #274
Donbabbeo

L'Avatar di Donbabbeo

Iscritto dal: Jul 2006
Molyneux ha lanciato una nuova campagna Kickstarter per la creazione di un nuovo gioco "divino" che a suo dire rivoluzionerà un'altra volta il genere.

Project Godus
Old 22-11-2012, 18:40   #275
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Certo che ce stanno a provà tutti... Qua però almeno ci sono i fulmini nell'intro e artworks colorati...
Old 22-11-2012, 21:02   #276
Darkless

L'Avatar di Darkless

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Donbabbeo Guarda i messaggi
Molyneux ha lanciato una nuova campagna Kickstarter per la creazione di un nuovo gioco "divino" che a suo dire rivoluzionerà un'altra volta il genere.

Project Godus
Si, come Fable doveva rivoluzionare i gdr. Stiamo in una botte di ferro.
Old 22-11-2012, 21:44   #277
Donbabbeo

L'Avatar di Donbabbeo

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Darkless Guarda i messaggi
Si, come Fable doveva rivoluzionare i gdr. Stiamo in una botte di ferro.
Però dai, gli artworks sono carini
Old 25-11-2012, 18:50   #278
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Update 5 Thorvalla
Quote:
Engine details finalized and a new pledge reward
Update #5

As you will probably recall, we have been deliberating whether we should implement the game as a fully sprite-based 2D game, as a 2.5D mix or a complete 3D implementation.

I have covered some aspects of the respective implementations in my update An Overview from a few days ago, and today we have come to a final decision.

I’ve been a champion of the 2D approach because I love the level of detail that 2D sprites allow you to implement. Always have been. They can be beautifully crafted and every frame can be tweaked to perfection. The big drawback is, however, that sprites take a lot of time to do and are by their very nature very costly because you need a lot of highly specialized artists to create the assets. In addition, the sheer amount of data can be overwhelming and most importantly perhaps, the fact that everything has to be prepared in advance, limits what you can do in terms of to movements and actions, since every single frame that makes it onto the screen has to have been prepared by an artist during the development. 2D sprites are extremely memory hungry on top of things, making them sadly unfeasible for high resolution desktop games of the scale we are trying to create. Therefore, the 2D approach has been abandoned.

Instead, Thorvalla will be implemented as a 2.5D hybrid. Backgrounds will be pre-rendered and polished by the artists in an isometric view to make sure we can add a high level of detail to these graphics. Characters and monsters will then be layered on top of these backgrounds as 3D models. While perhaps not as perfectly crafted and polished as 2D sprites, the benefits of this approach are undeniable.

Animation data are small by comparison and as a result of this approach we can have large amounts of individual and customized animations for these creatures without the need to create tens of thousands of bitmapped sprites that blow up the footprint of the game, cost a fortune to create and will be hard on the required memory specs.

In addition, this approach allows us to easily customize characters—something that is, while not impossible, inherently difficult and costly using sprites. Not only can we give the player more freedom to create his dream characters this way, but it will also allow us to show changes in armor, clothing and even damage. So, overall it is clearly the better approach and I am saying this not because I have been overruled by the team, but because after careful evaluation of both the technical specs and the implementations, I do feel that it is the approach that gives us the flexibility we need while maintaining a high level of visual quality.

Below you can see one of the first in-game assets that have been finished. It shows nicely the level of detail and quality that the game will offer up. Soon I should be able to show you graphics running inside the game engine.

For the project as a whole this means that we can now think down very specific lines. We now know that we will be using Unity3D as the core technology to drive Thorvalla, and because we now have a clear outline as to what we can and cannot do. The battle-lines are drawn, so to speak.

In addition, I wanted to announce another new pledge reward. At the $200 and above pledge level we are now adding an exclusive Thorvalla novel written by best-selling author Steven Savile. Many of you may know Steven not only from his own novels, but also as the writer of numerous novels for Paizo’s Pathfinder RPG world, as well as Warhammer, Guild Wars and Fantasy Flight Games, and his storyline in Battlefield 3. Our material is in very good hands, as you can see, and you can expect an exciting action- and drama-packed story there. Note that this novel will only be available to Thorvalla backers and will not be sold outside of our funding campaign.
Almeno hanno deciso per l'unity con sfondi 2D, mostri e personaggi in 3D...

Segnalo anche questo per chi piace lo spazio... Ha praticamente vinto dopo 3 giorni...
Limit Theory: An Infinite, Procedural Space Game
$50,000, 22 dicembre 2012, RPG, RTS, and sandbox space exploration

E questo che è stato sbloccato col build a bundle 4...
Legend of Dungeon
$5000, 16 dicembre 2012, beat'em'up roguelike-like dugeon crawler

Ultima modifica di Jon Irenicus : 25-11-2012 alle 18:56.
Old 26-11-2012, 08:40   #279
Donbabbeo

L'Avatar di Donbabbeo

Quote:
E questo che è stato sbloccato col build a bundle 4...
Legend of Dungeon
$5000, 16 dicembre 2012, beat'em'up roguelike-like dugeon crawler
Cosa? Col BAB4 regalano Legend of Dungeon?!?!
Oggi lo compro subito.
Old 26-11-2012, 08:45   #280
Jon Irenicus

L'Avatar di Jon Irenicus

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Donbabbeo Guarda i messaggi
Cosa? Col BAB4 regalano Legend of Dungeon?!?!
Oggi lo compro subito.
Mi domando se sarà uppato adesso e basta oppure aggiornato in futuro (è solo un download senza key, anzi 3 win/linux/mac, probabilmente non c'è su Desura...).

La Formula E può correre su un tracciato vero? Reportage da Misano con Jaguar TCS Racing La Formula E può correre su un tracciato ...
Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stessa anima gaming Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stess...
Nothing Ear e Ear (a): gli auricolari per tutti i gusti! La ''doppia'' recensione Nothing Ear e Ear (a): gli auricolari per tutti ...
Sony FE 16-25mm F2.8 G: meno zoom, più luce Sony FE 16-25mm F2.8 G: meno zoom, più lu...
Motorola edge 50 Pro: design e display al top, meno il prezzo! Recensione Motorola edge 50 Pro: design e display al top, m...
Cisco presenta Hypershield, una soluzion...
Arriva Mastercard For Fintechs, il perco...
TSMC avverte il mondo: i chip fabbricati...
Auricolari economici CMF by Nothing Buds...
Fallout, la serie TV: la Stagione 2 &egr...
L'assistente virtuale Meta AI diventa pi...
iPhone 15 Pro 1 TB è sceso a 1.442€. Il ...
LastPass, campagna di phishing ai danni ...
ECOVACS DEEBOT T30 PRO OMNI è ancora dis...
Apple Watch Series 9 GPS + Cellular 45mm...
Apple verso la sostenibilità con ...
SK hynix e TSMC insieme per realizzare l...
Vi siete persi l'Antologia di Fallout in...
Scope elettriche in offerta su Amazon. O...
Llama 3, Meta introduce il Large Languag...
Chromium
GPU-Z
OCCT
LibreOffice Portable
Opera One Portable
Opera One 106
CCleaner Portable
CCleaner Standard
Cpu-Z
Driver NVIDIA GeForce 546.65 WHQL
SmartFTP
Trillian