View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 10:12   #16
emax81

Iscritto dal: Jul 2000
CoolBits 3D

Coolbits 3D unlocks many extra options in the nVidia control panel/driver, including but not limited to - Overclocking, AGP & Hardware settings, Fan control, Temperature settings, Debugging, Twin View, Video Mixing Renderer, OpenGL 2.0 support, 3D viewer types (for 3D Stereo drivers), and more! Here's a quick sneak peek showing many of the features this version of Coolbits provides

Clock Frequencies

AGP Settings

Temperature Settings

Desktop Management

============
IMPORTANT!
============

This tweak is intended for use with GeForce/Quadro cards and ForceWare 55.xx - 7x.xx 3D Stereo drivers. Coolbits 3D is not fully compatible with Windows 98/Me or driver versions older than 55.xx. If you do happen to run this tweak with older software, you could get errors at startup! To enable full compatibility, you will need to disable the options that are causing issues with your current setup.

Coolbits allows you to operate a graphics card out of normal specifications by overclocking and/or modifying how the driver operates. You should always use the overclocking utility with extreme care! I will not be held responsible for any damage that may result from the improper use of this program.

Installation:
---------------
Download Coolbits 3D and extract the contents to a folder on your desktop (or wherever you see fit). Double-click the coolbits3d.reg file inside. Answering 'Yes' and/or 'OK' to the prompts will import the settings into the Windows registry. Check your NVidia properties (you DO NOT have to reboot), and you will see many new configurable options in the nVidia control panel. To get to these options, right-click on your desktop and go to 'NVIDIA Display' (Win XP/2003).

Uninstall:
---------------
If you experience any minor difficulties whatsoever, simply reinstall/update your display driver. This will effectively reset all registry entries back to their default values.

FAQ (Updated):
------------------
Q. I don't see the temperature settings, is this due to my card?
A. The temp settings panel is only available with cards equipped with thermal sensors. Some cards that I know of have temp sensors are 5700U, 5800U, 5950U, and 6800GT/U. But really it all comes down to the manufacturer. I have seen some 5700 and 5900 without temp sensor, but mainly the cheaper XT/LX/SE versions.

Q. The Fan always on doesn't seem to work.
A. The 'fan always on' option is for cards with the OTES (i.e. 5800U) or similar cooling system in which shuts off in 2d mode. It will force fan on even in 2D mode. Of course this means the fans on the HS/F be designed such a way that this option can work.

Q. I thought it enabled OpenGL 2.0? It doesn't though.
A. OpenGL Shading Language 2.0 can only be enabled on 55.xx and higher ForceWare drivers. It had not yet been implemented in older Detonator or pre 55 ForceWare drivers. 6x.xx drivers are GLSL ready, so these lines aren't absolutely necessary. They can be commented out with a semicolon ';' if issues become apparent in future driver versions.

Q. What happened to advanced options and application profiles for my GeForce FX/6?
A. The Application Profiles page has been disabled to allow for OpenGL and Direct3d options. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to enable all the OpenGL/Direct3D/App Profile/Advanced Option pages simultaneously. However, you can re-enable the application profiles page by changing its respective value to 1 in the coolbits file. See Clay's post for further instructions that include screenshots.

Q. Why does my Operating System report 2x AGP, but my card is 4x/8x?
A. Ask Microsoft! This is not a Coolbits or nVidia driver bug. 3Dmark and/or Sandra still reports 8x AGP.

DownLoad

➤ MacBook Pro (14", 2021)_macOS 14.3| Studio Display_17| iPhone 13 mini_iOS 17.3| iPad 6 mini_iPadOS 17.3| WATCH Ultra 2_watchOS 10.3| tv 4K 3_tvOS 17.3
➤ AirPort Time Capsule_7.9.1| AVM Fritz!Box 7530_7.57| TIM_FTTC 200/30
➤ Synology DS220+_DSM 7.2 | Synology HAT5300_4012
emax81 è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso