View Single Post
Old 15-11-2007, 17:14   #10
Efic

L'Avatar di Efic

Iscritto dal: Mar 2006
Cittā: catania
se posso segnalare

AMD Has R680 Running Stable in CrossFire

A picture is worth a thousand words and this one is surely worth that many. I'll spare the details on the card, but since the Radeon HD 3870 X2 has two Radeon HD 3870's on board it's not too tough to figure out. The cards are the longest cards that I have seen ATI make and since the cards have just one CrossFire bridge connector it seems that running four of these in CrossFireX isn't going to happen, well at least for now. It should also be noted that the cards were actually running on a demo system that AMD made available. I was able to play Unreal Tournament 3 with the cards paired in CrossFire and stability and performance were impressive.

One of the coolest features of the Radeon HD 3870 X2 is that you don't have to get a higher priced AMD 790FX chipset powered motherboard with 42 PCI Express lanes to run a pair of Radeon HD 3870 X2's. This means that this can run on lower priced chipsets like the 790X that offer just two x16 PCI Express slots. The Radeon HD 3870 X2 is set to be released in Q1 2008 if all goes well, and after seeing it in action, I have no doubt that it will come out. AMD is making a comeback in the desktop graphics card market, so sit back and relax as the marketing wars are just now being drawn up.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/593/1/
HTPC:Motheboard: Asrock A790GMH/128M -Case: Antec Fusion Black- Cpu: Phenom II X3 720 @ 3,2ghz v.core def - Scheda video: Geforce 430 gt passiva - RAM: DDR2 CORSAIR hyperX2 2gb- Ali: LC Power 550 rev 2.2 - Hd: SSD OCZ Vertex 2 60gb- Hd: 2x western digital 2tb green- Scheda TVSAT: Hauppauge Wintv HVR 4400HD- Tv FullHD: Samsung Le40b530- S.O.: Windows 7 - Front end: Mediaportal 1.1.3
Efic č offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso