View Single Post
Old 30-12-2007, 20:51   #12
Sisupoika

Iscritto dal: Nov 2006
Cittā: Espoo, Finland
Addirittura su Wilders qualcuno ha fatto chiudere il thread considerando quanto proposto da me "illegal"

Riporto qui la risposta all'admin, cosi' che nessuno abbia gli stessi dubbi.

Quote:
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da ***
Hi Sisupoika
Your [Avira FREE] Tired of slow, daily updates and nag screens? thread was taken offline please do not post these types of posts again as we do not allow here direct download links nor do we allow links to software that try to defeat or alter what the author of the software has developed
thank you

Hi ***,

sorry, I wasn't aware of the fact that it is not allowed to post here direct download links.
Do you mean that I should have linked a normal page, from where the user would be able to click on another link on that page in order to actually proceed with the download?
I am not sure if I understood rightly what you mean.

Regarding the "addon" I have talked about in that post, I am afraid there has been a misunderstanding: there is nothing illegal in what I have done and was proposing, simply because:

- the archive containing the definitions & program updates is downloaded from the official Avira server, not from somewhere which could be suspicious or risky; anybody can check this by themselves;
- the little program does nothing but automating a process, otherwise manual, available within the antivirus itself (there is no crack, no alteration of any sort of the functionalities of the software or of the software itself);
- there is no legal (or of another nature) reason why a user would not be allowed to automate tasks in Windows;
- there is no legal reason why they would not be allowed to schedule tasks in their OSes...
- there is no legal reason why they would not be allowed to change permissions on any file on their disks (regarding the nag screen).

All what this small program does is completely legal and within what a user has right to do with their pc.
There is no alteration to whatsoever aspect of the program (Avira), so I can't see why and how what I proposed could be considered illegal

Kind regards
Sisupoika
Sisupoika č offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso