View Single Post
Old 27-10-2005, 17:16   #13
Lins
Moderatore

L'Avatar di Lins

Iscritto dal: Aug 2000
Cittā: Nei dintorni di BO Console: Steam, 360, DS Trattative concluse : Tante
Beh in realta' c'e' il modo di far funzionare i giochi non compatibili col vga box in vga.

In pratica bisogna crearsi un backup con selfboot e devi modificare l'IP.BIN abilitandogli il vga out.
Questo in realta fa mandare al DC il segnale VESA (al posto del VGA) al monitor (quindi si devono avere dei monitor che supportino questa uscita)

Qui come procedere

Quote:
Adding VGA compatability and other settings to games:

This is a pretty simple process and simply involves getting one of the utilities included in the selfboot kit. One of the folders unpacked from the selfboot kit contains a program called IPBIN4WIN. This allows you to edit or create an IP.BIN file for your game that specifies some of the settings at boot. To use it rip the files off the game you want to edit. Open the IP.BIN file from that game in IPBIN4WIN (turn off read only on that file so you can save over it) and put a check in the box marked VGA Box. You can also add support for different regions (not a frequency modifier) and change some settings around (name the distributor after your dog or rename the game to whatever you like). Save this IP.BIN and hack it in as the selfboot kit would have you do normally. If the game does not come with an ip.bin, you can try and rip the ip.bin off of your current CD with CDRWIN.

NOTE: I have never gotten this to work and attribute that to my CD drive, others have gotten it to work though. Choose Extract Disc/Tracks/Sectors, and choose to select sectors. Now you must remember the LBA you used to burn the game (if you didn't change it it is probably 11700, if it's not that likely 11702, for games with CDDA you will have to find it yourself). Starting with that LBA rip the next 16 sectors (ie 11700 to 11715) and save it as IP.BIN. Try opening it with IPBIN4WIN, if it opens successfully edit and use it as the self boot kit details.

You can also try simply opening IPBIN4WIN and clicking the appropriate boxes and typing in the appropriate info then saving it as IP.BIN, I have only tried this twice but it worked both times.

Either way make the ISO and burn your game, it should now successfully boot on a VGA box.

NOTE: VGA boxes (at least the 3 I have owned) do not seem to send a VGA signal but rather a VESA signal. Make sure your monitor supports VESA or it may not suppor the VGA box (I have 2 that don't) and some games may force a frequency that will be outside a VESA compliant monitors range. This would cause your game to be entirely non-VGA compatable.
Purtroppo non penso di poter linkare la fonte
Grancio: PRIME X370-PRO - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Scythe Mugen 5 - 2x8GB DDR4 Crucial CT8G4DFD8213 2133@3400 CL18 - RX 6750 XT GAMING OC 12G - SSD Crucial MX200 500GB - SSD Crucial M550 256GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 - Fractal Design Core 3000 - LG 24MP59G-P
Lins č offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso