View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 07:22   #71
ulukaii

L'Avatar di ulukaii

Iscritto dal: May 2007
Città: Bidaa
Primo Update [10/04/14]

Primo update al progetto, sono state inserite alcune informazioni, il primo riguarda l'aspetto grafico, i ragazzi di Fresh3D assicurano i fan che l'obiettivo è quello di migliorare l'aspetto visivo, mantenendo al contempo lo stile del titolo originale:
Quote:
For this Reboot, we've been looking at ways to improve the visuals of the game while staying true to the original style and ambiance.

We did not want to go for ultra realistic, or photographic look as we think it just feels bland and soulless. Instead we’re aiming for a unique semi-realistic style with a lot of hand-painted, sculpted or processed shapes and textures.

What we’re trying to achieve is creating a unique visual style that’s kind of a rendition of the typical brain-enhanced memories you have when thinking about an old game you enjoyed.

That’s really our goal, we want the fans to feel home when they play the game, yet experience something new, modern and fresh, and we want the new player to discover the richness of the Outcast universe and enjoy it with the highest production standards.
In base ad alcune richieste fatte tra i commenti:
Quote:
Outcast features a complex planetary system with Adelpha, the Talan's planet gravitating around two suns, and two moons around Adelpha. Do you remember the twin-moons in the Adelphan sky? Now they are in 3D and moving!

Il secondo aspetto riguarda il protagonista, il caro vecchio Cutter Slade:
Quote:
When we started Outcast in 1995, we had very few polygonal resources to create a character. Surprisingly Cutter in Outcast is only about 800 triangles. And the concept art for Cutter, although it was nice did not include a lot of details about the character because that was unnecessary.

Now Cutter is being detailed a lot more, as are the other characters, because we now have several thousands of triangles to represent the shapes of bodies, cloth and accessories. It means we need more detailed concepts and it also means it has to be sculpted using hi-end tools such as Z-Brush to build every detail in high definition.
Ed ecco un primo bozzetto del "nuovo" Cutter Slade.

Ultima modifica di ulukaii : 19-04-2014 alle 12:56. Motivo: corretto link immagine
ulukaii è offline