View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48   #65
ulukaii

L'Avatar di ulukaii

Iscritto dal: May 2007
Cittā: Bidaa
E' tutto in prima pagina da ieri

Aggiunta intervista di vg247 a Franck Sauer: Outcast come on in out of the cold

Consiglio la lettura, oltre a fornire alcuni dettagli circa le features del titolo, Sauer fa anche alcune dichiarazioni pungenti legate al mondo dei publishers e sul marketing, di cui propongo solo alcuni piccoli stralci:
Quote:
The team took the opportunity afford by Gamescom 2013 to tour publishers, meeting with various responses.

“Some were not interested for various reasons, and we can understand that. Fair enough. Then we met with those who appear to be interested. You might think that since they are established publishers they would have a professional attitude and share a common vision of how to handle such a project, but the answer is simply they don’t,” Sauer said.

“What we got from some was a mixed bag of ridiculous answers, ranging from ‘this is a European project it will fail in the US’ to ‘ok we’ll do this, we take all IP and we pay you at minimum wages but it needs to be on x platforms and be ready tomorrow’. I mean, some of the publishers we met were just a bad joke, really.”

“What happens if they change management during production? What happens if the marketing guy doesn’t have a clue on how to promote your product, or worse doesn’t give a shit because he’s planning to change job in the middle of the launch? I know internal launch meetings and the like are supposed to help, but where is the developer control over that? Nowhere.

“You do your homework and then just pray for them to handle your product right. You might say it’s in their own interest to sell the game? As curious as it sounds, that’s not always the case, because large organizations rely a lot on internal politics and sometimes (I’ve seen that, believe me) someone with internal power would softly kill a project because it serves his own interest better.”
Per quanto concerne il partire da un "revival" del titolo originale invece che da un sequel vero e proprio:
Quote:
We think the Outcast universe is so vast, and so little has been revealed in the first opus, we have a tremendous opportunity for creating a franchise with a lot more worlds and places to explore and exotic creatures to interact with.

A full-blown triple-A sequel might have a budget of around $20 million, which is beyond realistic expectations for crowdfunding.

Even if we managed to reduce cost and rely on digital distribution to remove the middle men, we would still be targeting the $5 million bar. That’s still a lot, and something that we think the Outcast community alone would not be able to support.

So we thought it would be better to first reboot Outcast to broaden our audience by creating a modern game with top notch production value for modern gamers, but also please our fan base with a idealised version of their favourite game that stays true to the original while providing a host of improvements both visually and gameplay-wise.

Ultima modifica di ulukaii : 12-04-2014 alle 10:17.
ulukaii č offline