View Single Post
Old 15-06-2016, 08:20   #72
Hieicker

L'Avatar di Hieicker

Iscritto dal: Jun 2008
Città: Pordenone (PN)
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da gospel Guarda i messaggi
It looks like Microsoft will overpower Sony in the next round of the console wars, with a more powerful SoC on paper. The new XBOX "Scorpio" 4K Ultra HD game console will feature a custom-design SoC by AMD, which will combine not just a GPU based on the "Polaris" architecture, but also a CPU based on the "Zen" microarchitecture. This is significant because it sees a departure from using 8 smaller "Jaguar" CPU cores, and upshifts to stronger "Zen" ones. The chip could be built on the 14 nm process.

The SoC powering the XBOX Scorpio could feature a CPU component with eight "Zen" CPU cores, with SMT enabling 16 logical CPUs, and a "Polaris" GPU with 6 TFLOP/s of compute power. The combined compute power is expected to be close to 10 TFLOP/s. The Radeon RX 480, for instance features 5.84 TFLOP/s of power at its given clock speed. The CPU and GPU will likely share a common memory interface, belting out a memory bandwidth of 320 GB/s. The silicon muscle of this console should power 4K Ultra HD, 1080p @ 60 Hz HDR, and "good VR" solutions such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Games for the console could leverage DirectX 12.

potrebbe venire fuori un bel mostro di console..
Le premesse sono ottime, sono curioso di vedere come reagira' Sony non avendo ancora presentato ufficialmente la neo. La strategia Microsoft mi piace comunque, se in futuro nel mercato effettivamente sara' presente Scorpio e la ps4 neo cosi come girano i rumors probabilmente passero' a Scorpio.
PC» PSU: Evga Supernova GQ 750W | CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k | MOTHERBOARD: AsRock Z170 Extreme 4 | RAM: HyperX Fury 16Gb DDR4 2666Mhz | VGA: Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 | SSD: HyperX Savage 256Gb .. MONITOR: Dell U2311 @ 1920*1080

Playstation 4 | PSN Gamertag: Hieicker
Hieicker è offline