View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 17:51   #238
Alpha Centauri

L'Avatar di Alpha Centauri

Iscritto dal: Mar 2003
Città: Il Cosmo [però vivo a ROMA]
Nel frattempo mi sono arrivate un paio di risposte dalla Supertalent, una dal reparto tecnico, un'altra dal reparto vendite; entrambe poco esaltanti. Vi riporto la mia mail con le domande, ed a seguire le 2 mail di risposta. A seguire ancora le mie considerazioni.

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Alpha Centauri
Hi, i'm Matteo,
and i'm writing this mail because i'm really interested in purchasing one of your pen drive (2 Gb alluminium case, AH series). But i need some informations that i wasn't able to find on your website.

Technical questions:

The most important features for this kind of device for me are:

1) Transfer rate/performance;

2) The bootable device function;

For the first point, i simply would like to know if the transfer rate shown on your website, is accurate and effective. And i would like to know if the 26 and 17 mb/s are the speed for any size of pen drive (i ask this because often is declared that bigger size of pen drive carries lower transer rate speed).

For the second point the situation appears more confused to me, and i really need your help: i found on your driver download's page different sections of bundled software, depending on the model number of the pen drive. I absolutely need a bootable device, but i see that not all software allow the bootable functions. In particular, 3 software (according to the manula i downloaded) allow it:

Driver Download for STF_O_USB20
Driver Download for STF_SM_USB20
Driver Download for STF_UT_USB20

Can i know wich pen drive uses the driver and software above? In particular, i saw that the U storage (that is the partitioning software used by pen drive linked to STF_SM driver -the one in red-) is the best software (because has 2 feature more than the other) and the most advanced: it allows to do a bootable format using Win Xp and not only Win 98, and it is really useful for me. So it is important to know expecially which pen drive uses U storage, and which software uses the model i would like to purchase: Supertalent 2 Gb alluminium case, AH series. (so i would like to know if this pen drive is bootable, and its model number, that is printed on the retali box, according to the FAQ of the site). And the SA series which software uses? Is it bootable?

And writing this, as a customer, i give you a suggestion: a lot of users like me take care to the bundled software of the device before purchasing, so it would be nice to report clearly for any device it's bundled software.

Commercial questions:

In Italy is very hard to find your products altought i'm sure they are very good (i found it only on ebay, from italian and US seller). I would like to know if it is possible to buy directly from you, because checking on your section "Where to buy", i had a lot of difficulties to find a european shop that sells your branded devices. I sent some email, but i didn't receive any answer from these shops (and maybe some of them are not reatail seller, but wholeseller, infact it wasn't possible to find price list, and no one answered to me). I think it should be possible to buy directly from you, because if not, how it could be possible your offer of printing a logo on the pen drive?

So, the simple question is: how should i do to buy the Supertalent 2 Gb alluminium case, AH series?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best whishes,
Matteo.

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Supporto tecnico Supertalent
Dear Matteo,

I will answer your questions below:

The data transfer rates (Read Speed ~ 26MB/sec, Write Speed ~ 20MB/sec) are maximum transfer rates. This is a best case scenario. If you do need guaranteed high-speed transfer rates, I think you can specially request them, but they might cost a little more.
The USB Flash Drive is not a bootable device.
Model numbers STF_O_USB20, STF_SM_USB20 and STF_UT_USB20 refer to the Flash Controller chip used inside the USB Flash Drive design. We source the Flash Controller chip from several different manufacturers.
As a manufacturer, we can not sell directly to end-users. We can only sell to system builders and resellers. We are in the process of increasing our brand name recognition in Europe, asap.

Thank you very much for your support and comments. Let me know if you need additional information.

Support
Super Talent Tech.

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da Reparto vendite Supertalent
Dear Sir,

I am sorry i couldn't answer your questions, i am in sales department. If you need technical support, please email to our tech support. They are very experienced and professional.

the only thing i know of software is that the the manufacturer of the Controller chip(on USB Flash Drive) provide us software.

We are trying to expand our market share in Europe and you are very welcome to buy directly from Supertalent.

Supertalent USB Flash Drive is the best selling flash product of Supertalent. It's made in USA and Life Time Warranty

We are currently looking for reseller in your area, if you would like to open an account with us, pls kindly fill out attached application.

Thanks

Sincerely

www.supertalent.com

Vabbè dai le considerazioni su queste risposte le scrivo + in là quando avrò tempo, che ora devo uscire al volo...
Diciamo che il supporto tecnico mi conferma che le pen n on sono avviabili, xò allo stesso tempo non risponde alla mia domanda (che era un po' + articolata) e con ciò mi lascia dei dubbi. Inoltre la mail del supporto tecnico (by USA) si contraddice un po' con quella del reparto vendite arrivata dalla Cina. Ad es sul comprare direttamente dalla supertalent. E mi alscia altri dubbi ancora.
A dopo.

Vendo Alimentatore Tagan SuperRock 400w (TG400-U33II) Vendo mouse e tastiere
Per favore, mandatemi email e non PVT per contatti in privato. I PVT son sempre pieni!
Alpha Centauri è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso